Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?

Article about: i can buy this helmet.the dark stripe would be light rust 8any red flag here? thanks in advance, wiking

Default thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?

thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?

i can buy this helmet.the dark stripe would be light rust 8any red flag here?

thanks in advance,
    wiking

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts about this M40 DD? real or fake?
    P
    Many

M40’s generally do not have a tri color decal so... they are both fake.

MAP
    ?

Frank is spot on.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lightbulb

I'm no expert, but it seems notable that the number of dubious German WW2 helmets appearing here is increasing.......

It is fascinating how people decide they want a German WW2 helmet and somehow get taken in by the ones that are not even worth looking at. I think price has a lot to do with it.

It is the same thing with women : most man are attracted to 'bad' girls. But here it is the opposite : they cost a lot more...

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    I'm no expert, but it seems notable that the number of dubious German WW2 helmets appearing here is increasing.......
    I'm sorry, but I have to say it... the crap that has been posted on this forum recently is killing it. Judging by the same people who keep posting these helmets, they have obviously never heard of the saying: 'Once bitten, twice shy'. There is a wealth of information on this forum - and elsewhere - for them to find out even the most basic of information before considering buying a helmet. But no, they keep coming back and asking us to do their work for them. It's all very well helping people out, but they also need to help themselves too.

Steve

MAP
    ?

Agree Steve.

As I say "Help us help you", which means using the vast resources of data that are in this forum. A bit of self study before posting really does vastly improve the learning curve.

Hopefully the new collectors take our advice. It is not us not wanting to help, but actually the opposite. Read, study and then post with an opinion outlining why you think it is good or bad. Even if someone is 100% wrong with their conclusions, They will understand and be able to absorb our feedback more easily

We were all in the same boat at one time, but to learn, you have to take the plunge and try to form your own conclusions, right or wrong.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)