Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thoughts on M42 Single Decal Heer Helmet

Article about: Hello. I just recently purchased this M42 German helmet. It is still in transit and hence the pictures are the ones from the seller. Please let me know what you think. Thank you. Regards, Th

Yes...it's common for the springs to be covering the inner pin. As I said...take a look at "Toecutters" pin on page 4.
    We can also figure the strap is not original to the helmet. too much wear to it compared to the liner. But at least it is an original strap. Most helmets have replaced straps anyway
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on M42 Single Decal Heer Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by real steel View Post
    Yes...it's common for the springs to be covering the inner pin. As I said...take a look at "Toecutters" pin on page 4.
    We can also figure the strap is not original to the helmet. too much wear to it compared to the liner. But at least it is an original strap. Most helmets have replaced straps anyway
    D.
    Thanks David for your help. Do you think that the liner might be a war time one or could it be a modern replacement? Thank you.

That helmet (side stamped ET) I don't know the lot# on it, but it could have a liner dated 1940-42. The liner is a wartime original, but again I would say as others did here..the original was probably very worn or damaged so a post war installation with an original.
    D.

Like David says Original liner and leather , I see it looks like a spliced one as well.
    My concern is the leather looking too fresh as compared to the whole , can you see a date stamp under the leather (usually left of the rear seam when you flip it , they are large).
    I also like to see individual photos of the rivets from the outside but your photos are too grainy and obscure details. Use much more light. (no flash though).

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Like David says Original liner and leather , I see it looks like a spliced one as well.
    My concern is the leather looking too fresh as compared to the whole , can you see a date stamp under the leather (usually left of the rear seam when you flip it , they are large).
    I also like to see individual photos of the rivets from the outside but your photos are too grainy and obscure details. Use much more light. (no flash though).
    Hi Schwerpunkt. Thank you for your post. I took a look under the leather but I found nothing, other than a size stamp. I have taken a picture of it. I took a picture of it along with the stitching of the liner. I also took close pictures of the rivets on the outside. I hope they are useful. Thank you.
    Thomas

Thoughts on M42 Single Decal Heer HelmetThoughts on M42 Single Decal Heer HelmetThoughts on M42 Single Decal Heer HelmetThoughts on M42 Single Decal Heer Helmet

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8