Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet

Article about: I love these factory Police helmets. This one is from the ALFING Kessler Sondermaschinen GmbH factory located in Aalen. That company forged large crankshafts vital to the war effort. It was

Default Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet

I love these factory Police helmets. This one is from the ALFING Kessler Sondermaschinen GmbH factory located in Aalen. That company forged large crankshafts vital to the war effort. It was the target of massive allied bombing raids and in 1944 production was relocated in four specially constructed Wasseralfinger tunnels. The exterior of this piece is excellent - the decal is nearly 100% and the paint only shows some minor storage blemishes. The liner is worn, and the straps are gone to time. The money shot is the ALFING decal! The construction of the shell is interesting. Check out the joints of the apron over the wearer's ears. In all of my years I have only seen one other piece like this - a 3 piece Political Leaders helmet that Billy Shea offered to me in 1994 (dope that I am I passed on it and it took over 20 years for me to finally land one of those!). Anyway, here it is - hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet   Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet  

Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet   Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet  

Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet   Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet  

Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet
    P
    Many

More pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet   Three Piece Luftschutz Gladiator Factory Police Helmet  

By the way, the RL2 39/11 stamp in the apron, which can be seen on the exterior(!) reveals that the shell was manufactured at a Carl Busse factory in Mainz.

MAP
    ?

Awesome example Jim. Love the factory marking
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a beauty Jim! And damn, that would have to be one of the tightest fitting liners I think I’ve ever seen. You’ve inspired me to grab mine and photograph it later today.

Andy

Great helmet Jim and to have the factory name on the skirt is quite rare indeed, my favourite helmets to collect are luftschutz lids so this one has me quite jealous lol, especially that decal’d M42 you have!

Doesn't get any better than this what an absolute beauty Jim really the perfect wartime example,i'm too are slightly jealous but who wouldn't be it's just awesome.thanks for sharing............

?

Looks fantastic,great find

Very nice one Jim , looks just excellent.

Another beautiful LS Jim :-)

nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast