Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Toned Heer M42 ET66

Article about: Hey just got this helmet a few days ago and its got 2 signatures i would like to research if possible looks like either moers or moets also 2 toned Heer post in a row!

more pictures of the helmetToned Heer M42 ET66Toned Heer M42 ET66Toned Heer M42 ET66Toned Heer M42 ET66Toned Heer M42 ET66

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Toned Heer M42 ET66
    P
    Many

Wish we'd seen these features the first time - that looks better for a field depot repaint. Just ( as has been said ) need real sharp decal shots to see features and if has been carefully masked around etc...
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Problem is that I cant get any sharper pics I don't have any other camera then the one on my phone

Gotcha, I have a similar problem.... just thats what these things need to see the subtle identifying features.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That texture is thicker than the oatmeal I make.

The helmet is probably fine but on this hobby 100% certainty is what you need.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    H'mm, that's a mighty HEAVY texture for a Thale factory helmet ... unless it was done in the field?
    And a 1941 Eilers chinstrap on a M42? ...... interesting to hear what the others have to say about it.
    Hi,
    I am not a subject matter expert by no means, but why there is such a big deal with chinstraps produced earlier being attached on M42 helmet liner? Not meant as offense, but i had seen at least 2 M42 helmets being recovered from bunker with early production chinstraps- the buckles were made from aluminium and just last saturday i was right beside my comrade when he found an M42 helmet with what was left from the liner together with early production chinstrap- made in 1940.

Quote by Oberschutze View Post
    Hi,
    I am not a subject matter expert by no means, but why there is such a big deal with chinstraps produced earlier being attached on M42 helmet liner? Not meant as offense, but i had seen at least 2 M42 helmets being recovered from bunker with early production chinstraps- the buckles were made from aluminium and just last saturday i was right beside my comrade when he found an M42 helmet with what was left from the liner together with early production chinstrap- made in 1940.
    It should not be an issue. Everything was made in different locations they were not going to year match a chinstrap to a liner band date.
    Also the first in first out concept was not used then either , a chinstrap was a chinstrap. Some early ones at the bottom of the crate could thus be applied on later helmets.

Looks like a legit ET with a nice Wilhelm Eilers Jr Bielefeld strap...but indeed some good photos are missing here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2