Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Transitional M18

Article about: M18 Transitional helmet from the 18. Infanterie-Division /18. Panzergrenadier-Division. This was kept in a loft for the last 70 plus years. Liner is stamped on the 1931 and also has the earl

Quote by Haltsign45 View Post
    This helmet on German helmet vault used as an example, what’s the provenance ? If none is it fake then.
    Oh you want to go that way ?
    That helmet is from the moderator Roy of GHW.
    A one looker camo helmet does indeed need no provenance , maybe you should look it up and challenge it there...

Secondly if you do decide to show a helmet with claimed provenance you should be able to back it up. Provenance is not a story you heard from the seller , plenty of made up stories doing the rounds.
    I seem to recall your helmet was on ebay not too long ago ?
    About your transitional camo , from the photos provided I can’t say I am a fan of the camo.
    In hand I may change my opinion but so far I do not like the camo paint. Colors and patina are off for me. Perhaps it got a rigorous cleaning.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional M18
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

I find it a bit amusing how some people post their items for review and then get annoyed when others tell their honest opinion on said item...

Number one the helmet shown M42 is mine that’s why I used as ref so as not to offend. Secondly I didn’t say the M18 had provenance I just said it was found in a loft a fact not a story of provenance. So yes that’s the way I’m going with this .

Quote by Haltsign45 View Post
    Number one the helmet shown M42 is mine that’s why I used as ref so as not to offend. Secondly I didn’t say the M18 had provenance I just said it was found in a loft a fact not a story of provenance. So yes that’s the way I’m going with this .
    Well you said it was found in a loft and in such case I try to determine if there's provenance. Makes sense if you found it necessary to add that it was found in a loft no ?
    I could have given my opinion from the first post but thought the provenance may perhaps alter it.
    Now at post 13 we can finally dismiss any provenance , I only asked 2 or 3 times...

I’m happy with it your not there you go. It’s your opinion over mine and I’m not trying to change yours.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional M18  
    Last edited by Haltsign45; 10-01-2020 at 06:49 PM.

Well...I find quite weird this dust to be honest.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional M18  

?

Thats a bit rude and ignorant from the user „haltsign“, in my opinion.
    The forum members here have a lot of knowledge, i learned a lot and they helped me save money and not buy a questionable helmet. Everybody is allowed to ask questions before buying..

P.s.: they do it in their freetime, with no extra cost or so.
    Last edited by tobi; 10-04-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Sys, agree. Perhaps a little ‘Overdone’.

Totally agree Tobi. If you post a helmet it is a general rule that we will view, appraise and if original applaud. As admirers of this style of helmet I don’t think we would applaud if a fellow collector picks up a dud. Quite the opposite. Unfortunately, some posters take it personally when their helmet doesn’t receive positive feedback. However, after all, we after the truth and if that doesn’t suit some, so be it. And when posters won’t post additional pictures as requested it becomes even harder to assist them.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2