Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Tropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: Just picked this one up today at a local antique store. Do you all think this is a real camouflage helmet and what Purpose would it serve (my understanding is Luftschutz were the equivalent

Default Tropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz Helmet

Just picked this one up today at a local antique store. Do you all think this is a real camouflage helmet and what Purpose would it serve (my understanding is Luftschutz were the equivalent to air raid wardens here in the US). Thank you all a ton!

Tropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Looks like aged white, it may have seen service as post war for fire or ambulance workers.

I do think that is a possibility, maybe the white paint aged and looks really tan now. Could there be a way of proving that it was painted white?

?

I think they may have used an off-white or cream color for civil defense post war.

This site has some photos of them in use at the bottom of the page (you may need to register)

World War Helmets - Casque Modele 38 Luftschutz

Steve

I agree with Tinhat - its aged white and if wartime applied, I know of no order ( unlike the combat helmets ) that required the decal to be covered up.
    I have seen Orange post war painted gladiators used for the fire service too.

Still, a nice helmet with history .....
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

I do like how the paint dripped through the salt and pepper holes and ran down the inside

I would agree that the paint is for post war use.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

My personal preference would be to remove the paint as the decal appears quite intact.

How could I go about removing the white paint on the outside safely enough that it doesn’t damage the original paint and original decal. I’m not too sure if I want to do something like that yet

?

If you search for 'paint removal' or similar it will pull up a few threads where people have removed paint. I would read as many of them as possible and see which one might work, it will be dependent on the type of paint so you will need to do a test patch.

Good luck, it's a time consuming process. Opinions vary on whether this is a good think or not but my opinion is that this would be a good candidate for it.

Steve.

I think this is as far as ill go on this, I really wanted to see the decal and I'm quite nervous about removing the original paint. I also really like the way the aged white paint looks. Removing the paint the "tan" was a lighter color so i do think it was white

Tropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz HelmetTropical Camo 3 Piece Luftschutz Helmet