Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unidentified helmet?

Article about: Hello, I found this helmet being sold \\$30.00... he’s also selling two AK bayonets for \\$50.00 for the pair. I’m not a helmet person... he wants to sell all three together. I’m just wond

Default Unidentified helmet?

Hello,

I found this helmet being sold $30.00... he’s also selling two AK bayonets for $50.00 for the pair.

I’m not a helmet person... he wants to sell all three together. I’m just wondering what kind of a helmet, country, and a round about value?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unidentified helmet?   Unidentified helmet?  

Unidentified helmet?   Unidentified helmet?  

Unidentified helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unidentified helmet?
    P
    Many

I think the helmet is Hungarian, but others will confirm or otherwise.

I think it might be a Spanish M1942 Modelo Z,

It’s hard to tell from the photos, but there should be a little ‘bracket’ on the front of the helmet. If you can get a photo of the front, you could tell instantly (even if the bracket has been removed).

M1942 Modelo Z - Wikipedia

Spain M42 - Brendon's Helmets

I believe the bayonets are Chinese AK47 bayonets but both seem to be missing the hanger from the scabbard.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The lid is a Spanish M42, I'd willingly pay more than $30.

A Spanish Model Z... and you don't often find them with their original liner and chinstrap - which this one has. They were usually updated during their service life. Well worth the $30 asking price... don't let it slip away from you!

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A Spanish Model Z... and you don't often find them with their original liner and chinstrap - which this one has. They were usually updated during their service life. Well worth the $30 asking price... don't let it slip away from you!Cheers, Steve
    And with the bayonets being $25 each I imagine you would easily move them on for at least the same money if not "a few dollars more" if they don't fit your collection. I think they may be commercial imports and therefore not PLA used as they don't appear to have serial numbers but they would still be of interest to AK collectors especially those who concentrate on bayonets

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks everybody for your replies.

By the time I went to the bank to get money to meet the seller... the helmet sold. It was just listed this am.

I still plan on purchasing the bayonets. I believe they’re worth the $25.00 a piece. Most likely would have flipped the helmet if I could’ve purchased it.

Bayos have, what appears to be, some type of etched serial numbers. I also believe they’re Chinese and missing a couples parts from the scabbards. Not the end of the world.

Thanks again,
    D

I found this page about the bayonets (I think they are the same).

The Chinese AK-47 Blog: Chinese AK-47 Bayonets, Type 1, and Type II