Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unusual helmet from Breslau :)

Article about: Hello! I wanted to present my helmet from Breslau. The helmet has a history. The helmet is signed. There was an unusual piece of paper hidden inside the helmet. B.R. W.W

Default Unusual helmet from Breslau :)

Hello!
    I wanted to present my helmet from Breslau.
    The helmet has a history. The helmet is signed. There was an unusual piece of paper hidden inside the helmet.
    B.R.
    W.W
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual helmet from Breslau :)   Unusual helmet from Breslau :)  

Unusual helmet from Breslau :)   Unusual helmet from Breslau :)  

Unusual helmet from Breslau :)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual helmet from Breslau :)
    P
    Many

Early M18 with steel liner usually these have aluminium liners , how did you come by it?

M38
    ?

Can you see a date on the liner band (don't pry on it to see it!)? Or is there an incised size stamp in the leather, I can't quite tell from these photos.

I have a helmet very similar to this and it has an early aluminum single band liner with rounded chinstrap bales. Also early flat liner split rivets like this one. Some of the early liners did not have squared aluminum bales. So I'm wondering if this liner band is aluminum or steel? Frank could be right but it is worth checking it out. At the very least, take a magnet to it and that will tell.

Nice early helmet otherwise.

Cheers,
    Terry

An interesting early transitional Heer helmet. Nice brush applied paint and naming. I’ve always liked this period and picked up a similar one very recently. This example appears to have been quite heavily used judging by the colour of the leather liner.

Would love to know more about its history if you have any information.

Andy

Very nice stahlhelm, great to have the paperwork as well as the inscribed name on the skirt. Lots will have helmet envy.

That's a single band alu liner.
    I've seen identical ones that sometimes have chinstrap bales made of steel wire instead of cast aluminium.
    You can also tell it's an early (at least pre war) liner by how the 5 holes are stamped into the leather, on some of these early ones the hole in the middle is not quite centered, going off to the left or right (such as this one, maybe some bad stamping dies?) but certainly something I've seen on a bunch of especially very early liners.
    Overally a nice and early helmet.
    Luis

Hello!
    If anyone is interested in additional information about this helmet, write to priv.
    BR
    WW

I might be wrong, but the abbreviation looks like 2./Aufklärungs Abteilung 9.

Kind regards,

Will.

Quote by Willmore View Post
    I might be wrong, but the abbreviation looks like 2./Aufklärungs Abteilung 9.

Kind regards,

Will.
    thx for reply
    Regards,
    W

MAP
    ?

Here is an example of a very early liner with round chin strap bales vs the typical squared example we see. The liner and liner band on mine is quite interesting if you want to read through the thread

M35 DD SE 64 Heer Overpaint - with some history

Nice helmet btw
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)