Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Vet bring back M35 possible Kriegsmarine

Article about: A good Friend of mine Just scooped up this beautiful M35 vet bring back helmet. Its liner pins are not loose what so ever, overall the paint looks great, and it exhibits that nice honest age

?

Quote by FUBARR View Post
    Apparently I'm Probally wrong by how everyone states things. If im wrong just say it. Not going to hurt my feeling at all. That's why its posted here. If you want to call me a idiot and don't know what im talking about..go ahead its not going to hurt my feelings. I'm not going to cry through my life Becuase of I'm not a expert on German helmets...lol...seriously. I really appreciate the help though
    Fubarr, We all make mistakes or quick and impulse buys based on a small time frame sometimes ( auctions /ebay time limits etc we are all here as a collective of enthusiasts and for the most part help each other the best we can.. Welcome to the "Forum" and many future post's from you !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vet bring back M35 possible Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

David,
    Your knowledge and top top shelf collection is top notch and a true asset here.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

sounds like you have a good collection..do you have any post of this forum of pictures? I would like to see it

MAP
    ?

Fubar,

As we said, $300 is a good price for this. Just look at a number of dealer websites (reputable ones) for a helmet in similar condition and you will see it is quite a few hundred dollars cheaper (even after you discount the price for the dealer "premium". )

Our friend and member David, is probably one of the most knowledgeable members on the forum when it comes to helmets. Trust me...when he give advice, it is usually spot on. He also would not comment if he was not sure he was correct.

But treated liners are just that. Treated. It does decrease the value but it was done. Vets thought it would preserve the liner. They also often times would varnish the helmet. Again, that decreased the value and desirability, but these don't make them trash. It's just part of the history.

There is a helmet out there for every collector and at all budgets. You did well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you nap for a wonderful respond. Someone should of told me that from the beginning then having people poke fun in there little ways lol. Whatever makes them feel good. I just was looking for advice that's all about the helmet. Sounds like a Did good on the helmet then.

MAP
    ?

Thank you nap for a wonderful respond. Someone should of told me that from the beginning then having people poke fun in there little ways lol. Whatever makes them feel good. I just was looking for advice that's all about the helmet. Sounds like a Did good on the helmet then.
    Well I am ready for a 'nap" (LoL...me poking fun)...

You got great advice from David and the others here. We are a friendly bunch (just ask Jarret) who go out of our way to help new comers! Stick around an you will see.
    Last edited by MAP; 10-29-2017 at 02:40 AM. Reason: Left out a letter...lol

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Welcome to the WRF Fubarr. Glad you are here.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Sorry map lol...I'm using my cell phone and I didn't see that. Thanks and I sure will. I just have to disregard people's egos . I appreciate everyone's advise like I said earlier...and peoples times.

?

Thanks!

MAP
    ?

Sorry map lol...I'm using my cell phone and I didn't see that. Thanks and I sure will. I just have to disregard people's egos . I appreciate everyone's advise like I said earlier...and peoples times.
    No problem, My posts are riddled with typos.

But to be honest...there was no ego here. Just experienced collectors stating facts.

Enjoy the helmet and best of luck looking for the next one. I can tell you now, you are never satisfied with just one.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast