Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vulcan Fiber Helmet - Questions

Article about: Posting this for a friend. Would love your thoughts. Photos are poor quality. And have asked for a close up of the decal. So a WW2 era Vulcan Fiber Parade? Or post war. Or could it even be m

MAP
    ?

Default Vulcan Fiber Helmet - Questions

Posting this for a friend. Would love your thoughts. Photos are poor quality. And have asked for a close up of the decal.

So a WW2 era Vulcan Fiber Parade? Or post war.

Or could it even be metal? I see dents on the top.

It has a brush applied coat of paint. you can see it also on the rim of the liner and the chin strap.

Thanks for your thoughts and feedback!

Michael

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vulcan Fiber Helmet - Questions
    P
    Many

It looks to be made of aluminum ? At least the attatched rim maybe. But don't know what the model of this helmet is. First I have seen.

Jim G or Frank might know

Sorry could not help more M.
    David

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    It looks to be made of aluminum. At least the attatched rim is. But don't know what the model of this helmet is.

Sorry could not help more M.
    David
    Thanks David. Appreciate it. Hopefully Jim will see this as well.

Was told it might be Vulcan Fibre but I see dents on the top and a chip in the paint that looks to be metal underneath...but then it is rust color and would expect shiny if aluminum. Maybe the dents are just creases in the Fibre....I just don't know.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks David. Appreciate it. Hopefully Jim will see this as well.

Was told it might be Vulcan Fibre but I see dents on the top and a chip in the paint that looks to be metal underneath...but then it is rust color and would expect shiny if aluminum. Maybe the dents are just creases in the Fibre....I just don't know.
    I would think if made of "Fiber", it would crack (which I have seen on a couple) not dent.

Hi Michael, that is an odd one! It has two extra holes on one side as well. Certainly appears to be light weight metal and I am not to sure about the National shield, looks a touch distorted but that may well be the poor image. Nothing I personally have ever seen before, but the liner looks like it has the "perforated" brow. My best guess is a post war lid of some type re-painted, but I would be happy to stand corrected. Leon.

jim posted a similar helmet in 2012 Prototype Vulkanfiber Double Decal Heer Helmet - Model 3.
    the heer decal dose not look good to me on this one. but as said poor images.

MAP
    ?

Thanks everyone for your help!

This has been id'ed as a German M33 VF helmet. Still to be determined if it is a legit refurbed for parade use. Decals may be Ed Strache. I'm seeing if I can get better photos.

There a number of variations of these. The two holes on the left side were for a state badge.

It looks like a good prototype VF Model 3 shell, but I would like to see the sides of the liner to see if there is the Erel stamp, and I am not convinced about the paint or the decals. Is this one owned by a friend of Jules L.? I almost bought that one but during the protracted third party negotiations I began to question the paint and decals and lost interest. Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 10-15-2017 at 01:26 AM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    It looks like a good prototype VF Model 3 shell, but I would like to see the sides of the liner to see if there is the Erel stamp, and I am not convinced about the paint or the decals. Is this one owned by a friend of Jules L.? I almost bought that one but during the protracted third party negotiations I began to question the paint and deals and lost interest. Jim G.
    Thanks Jim. This was offered to my friend by someone I don't know. Don't think it has any connection to our friend Jules (it's been a year already ) . Unfortunately my friend doesn't have it hand so getting better more photos might be a chore.

If I can get them, I will post and let you know.

In the oft chance it is real (or any real one for that matter), are these sought after?

Thanks for your help.

M

Hi Mike, Hard to believe it has been a year! When the phone rings at dinner time I still expect to see Jules's name on the caller ID. I truly miss him! Regarding desirability, it seems interest in VF helmets has waned a bit. I love 'em, but it seems the collecting population has trained its interest on combat lids. Regarding this piece, the paint seems really dark. Mine, and Terry's (the one in Baer's book) are light green. Interestingly enough, both Terry's and mine are named and neck marked "4./19" on the skirt/apron, and were probably used during the field tests in 1934 when the VF helmets were determined to be unsuitable for combat use. Cheers, Jim G.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 10-15-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast