Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!

Article about: Hi, I was offered this wehrmacht helmet, wish to to be sure what decals are original and wait for your opinions.

?

Default Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!

Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!

Hi, I was offered this wehrmacht helmet, wish to to be sure what decals are original and wait for your opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!
    P
    Many

Hi , I think the decals may be ok but the chicken wire does not look period to the helmet , the wear is not evident in the areas underneath the wire on the helmets paint work , neither is there a great deal of dirt build up under it. This M35 has had an overpaint at some time and even though the decals do not look "dug out" it is probably the case. Any images of the liner and maker/lot number? Leon. EDIT: ON CLOSER INSPECTION THE WIRE LOOKS BETTER THAN I ORIGINALLY THOUGHT!! Possibly good wire but these are a minefield!!
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 09-25-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Leon is right about that Minefield for sure like cammo's I like the helmet and think it is ok chicken wire does look europeon period but who knows about its application. Why no inside shots showing maker, lot no and liner? Members could give a better opinion timothy

?

chicken wire not period applied
    decals dug out
    camo look good.
    need pictures of the inside.

What 'camo'? It's just a textured finish overpaint.

I would want to see where the wire is attched to the shell as i would expect to see corrosion and marking from 70+ years of contact.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    What 'camo'? It's just a textured finish overpaint.

I would want to see where the wire is attched to the shell as i would expect to see corrosion and marking from 70+ years of contact.
    Agreed, a textured overpaint and not really a camo finish.
    I don't see any wire to helmet reaction either.
    Wire may be period, but I don't think period applied, and as Leon mentioned, these are a virtual minefield.
    Would also like to see pics of the inside to get the whole picture
    I am not sure if decals have been dug for certain.

Brad.

Too many questions on this one I think. It would be a pain to sell on again if you had to.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Too many questions on this one I think. It would be a pain to sell on again if you had to.
    Andy has a valid point there.

Brad.

?

I have this photos from inside. Seller said what markings on the shell is SE64. Now I sure what decals are original and thank you for your opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!   Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!  

Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!   Wehrmacht double decal helmet. Decal help!!!  

Strap looks good. Early aluminum liner band and a very early leather liner with the stamping in the leather. Interesting. I don't know how I feel about this one, which means I would probably pass on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast