Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht Heer Single Decal M35 thoughts

Article about: This is a single decal M35 that I have been offered for £600 which originally started as a double decal what was altered in 1940 to the Wehrmacht updated specification. The inside of the sh

Default Wehrmacht Heer Single Decal M35 thoughts

This is a single decal M35 that I have been offered for £600 which originally started as a double decal what was altered in 1940 to the Wehrmacht updated specification.

The inside of the shell has the original paint outer updated 1940. It is fitted and untouched since manufacture with a reinforced aluminium framed liner. The leather is dry but intact, the thread at the joint(rear) has worn. The chinstrap is totally original to the shell and has been shortened to take up slack. The short end of the strap has the thread missing but is a complete strap.

Obviously at £600 we’re at the expensive side of the market, I was wondering if it’s really worth it or is it better to pass on this one & wait for a more reasonably priced & better condition piece.Wehrmacht Heer Single Decal M35 thoughtsWehrmacht Heer Single Decal M35 thoughtsWehrmacht Heer Single Decal M35 thoughts

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht Heer Single Decal M35 thoughts
    P
    Many

Maybe a tad expensive due to the condition and a shame about the split seam but all original.

Thanks, well I could never get £600 back on this one if I went to sell. I shall pass on it, thanks a lot.

Quote by alexander11 View Post
    Thanks, well I could never get £600 back on this one if I went to sell. I shall pass on it, thanks a lot.
    I thinks it’s a wise decision Alexander. With a nice liner I’d be happy to pay 600 but not with what inside it as is. It’s a shame as the rest of the helmet looks very nice.

Well, honestly i think 600 is a normal price nowadays. Helmets get more and more expensive, especially ones with decals. Some dealers sell plain, normal SD Heers for 1.2k, and the decal on this one looks very good.

I am also not sure if its really an M35... or an hkp M40, do you know what the manufacturer is?

I will go against the grain and say i think the price is OK. The liner is a bit rough, but the exterior is not too bad and the decal is good.

Adravor - i'm pretty sure it's M35, based on vent and liner.

It would be nice to see the rest of the helmet, and also the split pins. Looks like the liner was out for the refurb.

nick

nick

I’m with Nick. I don’t think the price is overblown
    Z

MAP
    ?

I think $850 (GBP600) is a tad high as well but it's got a great exterior. A real looker on the outside. So it will look nice on a shelf.

For me, regardless of the price. For a "plain jane" SD helmet, I would want one with a decent liner. These are not uncommon so I wouldn't settle.

For the record, "Plain Jane" is not a derogatory statement. In fact I love iconic helmets like this.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think $850 (GBP600) is a tad high.
    The exchange rate from USD to GBP can make a real difference - this is why we in the UK often look to USA for helmets.
    Now we have to pay customs for Europe, this makes even more sense.
    USD to GBP is good (for us) at the moment. Likewise, it means US customers are unlikely to bother with UK sites.

I got the impression Alexander is from UK - if so, the cheaper postage and no customs fees may make this worthwhile.

However - your point is a good one.

Nick