Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions

Article about: Greetings all ! I recently purchased this relic and i want to hear some opinions about it. Is it worth to restore it ? By restoring i mean repaint, liner, chinstrap. Some opinions for some c

Default WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions

Greetings all !
    I recently purchased this relic and i want to hear some opinions about it.
    Is it worth to restore it ? By restoring i mean repaint, liner, chinstrap.
    Some opinions for some colors for this helmet and some overall opinions of the current helmet would be highly apreciated.

Thx in advance and sorry for the quality of the pictures as they are provided by the sellers and in bad quality.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions   WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions  

WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions   WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions  

WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions   WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW 1 M16 EF/ Size 62 opinions
    P
    Many

To restore it you would have to fill up the holes for the oxidation to create a flat surface again. I am never a fan of that, personally i would leave it as it is. Looks like a decent shell, sadly missing its paint.

?

It's personal opinion and property, but I would agree, restoration adds nothing in terms of history and little in aesthetics or value. These helmets are striking enough on a shelf, it doesn't need makeup.

Steve

If it has any original paint left then I would leave it as is. Painting it will not add any value.