MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions

Article about: Greetings to all. I kindly ask for your opinion about this helmet: The owner states that it is an M35 helmet bought from the Netherlands. Decals are fake thing recognized by the owner. He al

Default WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions

Greetings to all. I kindly ask for your opinion about this helmet:

The owner states that it is an M35 helmet bought from the Netherlands. Decals are fake thing recognized by the owner.
    He also states that it is the size 62 manufacturer Quist and that the inside of the headset is original.

From my point of view, the helmet has a late war interior, considering that those buckles are rounded and not square.
    Another question is whether the interior is not original at first sight, giving me the impression that it is not made of aluminum.

What do you think about this helmet. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions   WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions  

WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions   WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions  

WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW 2 M35 german helmet opinions
    P
    Many

I dont see the vents that good, but at first glance it looks like an M40, rather then a M35 to me. The paint does not look original, the liner does - but it may be messed with/treated. Possibly a norwegian reissue.

In any case, no helmet i would consider buying.

I was thinking the same on the vent side as they look as a stamped from the M40. I only have the pictures the seller has and didn't seen the helmet in person.

Quote by DarkOne View Post
    What do you think about this helmet. Thank you
    Looks like a messed with helmet w Fake decals and bad paint to me. Shell looks Ok
    Z

It's really hard to see details on these photos but the shell looks heavily scrubbed (you can see the lines on the inside photo where you show the maker stamp), liner may be treated but appears original (you can see grey felt on the liner band).

I would agree this looks like an M40 from the first photo. Maybe the right pin was also replaced with an earlier brass one?

If this was an M35 it's possible to find a steel liner band on it but they are usually on reissued M35s.

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    Looks like a messed with helmet w Fake decals and bad paint to me. Shell looks Ok
    Z
    That is it , nothing for a collector of WW2 helmets.

MAP
    ?

Agree. Any money put into purchasing this would be wasted unless it was dirt cheap and wanted to restore it for reenactment.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)