Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?

Article about: WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) original or Bundeswehr with repro liner? Said to be in great condition all leathers also in very good condition.This is a tricky one for

Default WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?

WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) original or Bundeswehr with repro liner? Said to be in great condition all leathers also in very good condition.This is a tricky one for me so any opinions appreciated very much. Thanks, Alexander WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German paratroopers helmet M38 (fallschirmjager) or Bundeswehr with repro liner?
    P
    Many

As far as I know, wartime M38 helmets don't have a raised lip around the brim like this one does. The profile of the helmet doesn't look quite right either, but that could just be the angle of the photos.

B.B.

M38
    ?

Definitely NOT WWII 3rd Reich FJ. I believe it is West German but I am not up on these that well. I can tell you for sure nothing there is WWII though.

Cheers,
    Terry

It does look like a GSG helmet and the liner is GSG too.
    These are collectable in their own right.
    Luis

As already stated... a GSG helmet. The liner is the earlier type they used in them. I seem to recall reading somewhere that when the Bundeswehr was set up, the FJ units trialled different types of paratrooper helmets - including this one which was an almost exact copy of the M38 - apart from the rim attached to the brim. This style was later discarded in favour of the American style helmet, and then this helmet was adopted by GSG9... I posted a similar one with the second type liner some time ago, but I can't find the link. Highly collectible - especially with the earlier liner, but a shame about the ink stamp added.

Cheers,
    Steve