Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ww2 german snow camo helmet??

Article about: hi all , need help identifying this helmet, this was sold to me many years ago as a ww2 german helmet that has snow camo on from eastern front, any help would be great,if its real or mayby e

?

Default ww2 german snow camo helmet??

hi all , need help identifying this helmet, this was sold to me many years ago as a ww2 german helmet that has snow camo on from eastern front, any help would be great,if its real or mayby even africa camo , all comments are welcome.
    it has some number markings on, one is SE64, the other is hard to tell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww2 german snow camo helmet??   ww2 german snow camo helmet??  

ww2 german snow camo helmet??   ww2 german snow camo helmet??  

ww2 german snow camo helmet??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 german snow camo helmet??
    P
    Many

It doesn't look like a believable period camo IMO. Normally if they paint over the decal it's just as textured as the surrounding area. Maybe slightly smoother and the paint sometimes cracks or crazing. This seems like they went out of there way to scream "hey, there's a decal under here!" The spotted wear isn't wear you would normally see either. Wait to see what others say but I personally don't like it.

Mike

The White appears to be over the top of a corroded outer shell, unless it's just been sat somewhere very damp? The paint appears glossy, might just be glare from taking pictures indoors.

?

Thanks for your help , something doesnt seem right about it, tough one to figure out what has happened to it.

MAP
    ?

Liner condition is not commensurate with the condition of the shell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Liner condition is not commensurate with the condition of the shell.

That, and also the fact that there appears to be no “snow camo” on the liner band, leather liner etc.

Jan
    ?

Looks like 1970´s paint job over a rusty shell. Bought a similar albeit DAK painted helmet from a flea market in Greece in my youth when I didn´t know better

Best,

Jan