Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Double Decal? Helmet of the Luftwaffe

Article about: Interesting Double Decal helmet with maker Mark SE. Have included clear pictures of the decals which are open for discussion. I’ve not bought this helmet, just interested in it. Opinions a

Default WWII Double Decal? Helmet of the Luftwaffe

Interesting Double Decal helmet with maker Mark SE. Have included clear pictures of the decals which are open for discussion. I’ve not bought this helmet, just interested in it. Opinions are always appreciated, thanks a lot. Note: when clicked on images are displaying the correct way up, sorry about them being wrong side up on the tabs on the page.

WWII Double Decal? Helmet of the LuftwaffeWWII Double Decal? Helmet of the LuftwaffeWWII Double Decal? Helmet of the LuftwaffeWWII Double Decal? Helmet of the LuftwaffeWWII Double Decal? Helmet of the LuftwaffeWWII Double Decal? Helmet of the LuftwaffeWWII Double Decal? Helmet of the LuftwaffeWWII Double Decal? Helmet of the Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Double Decal? Helmet of the Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Not sure on the tricolour, but to my eyes, the eagle is a repro added to the helmet - the wear and patina is the first red flag, there seems to be evidence of where the original was beneath it but the photos are just not clear enough to tell.

The chinstrap poking out has a chance - what is the liner like?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Not sure on the tricolour, but to my eyes, the eagle is a repro added to the helmet - the wear and patina is the first red flag, there seems to be evidence of where the original was beneath it but the photos are just not clear enough to tell.

The chinstrap poking out has a chance - what is the liner like?
    Looks like the pin is poking out, and I also see where the decal ( Paint ) doesn't quite line up on the shield, looks like a painted shield over the roughness JMO..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII Double Decal? Helmet of the Luftwaffe  
    Attached Images Attached Images WWII Double Decal? Helmet of the Luftwaffe 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Fake eagle ,end of story.

Even with the somewhat low res pictures - i agree bad eagle.
    Good that you posted here first and did not buy.
    nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Even with the somewhat low res pictures - i agree bad eagle.
    Good that you posted here first and did not buy.
    nick
    Coincidentally I was looking at this same helmet yesterday. Even with the small pics I just thought "Nah!" and moved on. As stated, it is indeed a good thing you posted it here before going any further

See how just this one thread would in effect pay for a subsriction many times over in terms of money saved

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."