Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)

Article about: Hello, all. I have a helmet that looks like a WWII Winter Camo helmet. I don't deal much with German helmets (I focus on US M1s) and I am wondering if this is a post-war West German or Chine

Default WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)

Hello, all.

I have a helmet that looks like a WWII Winter Camo helmet. I don't deal much with German helmets (I focus on US M1s) and I am wondering if this is a post-war West German or Chinese repro. The inside only has one stamp and it looks like a "5" on the back of the helmet rim. No stamps on the side. There is also a strange shield shape that looks to have been scrapped off the front. Am I correct in thinking this is fake? And if so, what kind of fake is it?

Thank you, all. WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Medic Camo Helmet (I believe this is fake but how fake is it?)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

The shell appears to be real. But the paint is not IMO.

The "5" looks like a partial lot number

And looks like some added a decal of some sort at some point in time which was then removed

Happy if others disagree
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for your quick POV, MAP. Much appreciated. Glad to hear that you think it could be an authentic shell. Would love to hear what others think. Hope you're well.

Shell looks original as per MAP’s comments. These things are always so subjective but I don’t think it was a camo as it looks like paint has simply been rubbed away in a camo type of pattern. If you look closely in the un-painted spots you can see the remains of some white paint. I don’t like the paint inside the dome either as it has literally no patina at all. No paint at all on the non white painted area.

This one would really need an in hand to look at the white paint but for me a relic post war painted/messed with shell.

Andy

Thank you, Andy. Much appreciated. Happy to hear the group thinks it's a legit shell but post-war painted. Thanks for the time.