Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1st Post & Heer Buckle Question

Article about: Hi there, 1st post here. My spouse & I collect WW2 German memorabilia and I stumbled upon this forum when researching a new find we just made. You guys seem super informative and knowled

Default 1st Post & Heer Buckle Question

Hi there, 1st post here. My spouse & I collect WW2 German memorabilia and I stumbled upon this forum when researching a new find we just made. You guys seem super informative and knowledgeable so I thought I'd join the form and ask a question we have about this Heer Buckle and any future finds we may have as well.

Came across this Heer Buckle this morning at an estate sale and knabbed it for a really good price. Through this forum I've figured out that LKO is for Louis Keller, Oberstein, the maker. The head is facing left which seems to be a desirable buckle since, according to posts on here, they were only made this way for a short time.

Our intuition is that it is real and it is the original strap/buckle as the makers marks match. There was not a belt, just the strap & buckle. Can you provide any feedback on authenticity and rarity of this buckle please?

Thanks in advance for your help! I look forward to perusing this forum more!
    Attachments Pending Approval Attachments Pending Approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Post & Heer Buckle Question
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum, nice and original buckle, nothing rare but a nice buckle, the left facing buckles are the harder ones to come by. I have downloaded and attached your pics for you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Post & Heer Buckle Question   1st Post & Heer Buckle Question  

1st Post & Heer Buckle Question  
    Ben

Ben

?

Above average condition for an aluminum Heer.

Beautiful belt buckle, great pictures
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td