Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Army buckle die

Article about: Hello members I have the male part of a die for a stamped aluminum army buckle a nice addition for the collection thanks charlie

Default Army buckle die

Hello members I have the male part of a die for a stamped aluminum army buckle a nice addition for the collection thanks charlie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army buckle die   Army buckle die  

Army buckle die  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army buckle die
    P
    Many

?

Can you post better photos ?? Like a side view..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

What is it made of? From this one photo it looks like aluminum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think its a "proof strike" from the actual steel die ( i.e. quality control ) before the die was considered fit for use in production.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I think its a "proof strike" from the actual steel die ( i.e. quality control ) before the die was considered fit for use in production.
    I had similar thoughts. Especially as the material looks like aluminum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

To me looks like an aluminium Heer buckle tacked onto a bit of aluminium
    Ben

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    To me looks like a Heer buckle tacked onto a bit of aluminium
    I'm inclined to agree because, apart from the appearance which has the look of an applied piece, I don't think a proof strike from a two part (male and female) die could produce a one sided piece like this. The finished (visible in use) surface is produced against the female half of the die so if this were a die it would have to be the male half as stated. However, as already mentioned by others posters, the metal really does have the appearance of aluminium and certainly could not be used to work similar material ie of the same hardness / maleability. A single strike with aluminium on aluminium would destroy it.

That impression could be due to the pictures of course so please tell us what it is made of and provide more pictures from different angles.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hello members here’s some other pictures.The metal is not magnetic so it must be aluminum.It is a least two pounds or more .It is all one piece .Your right steel would be what would used to drop forge .I know there is a cold die process we’re melted medal is injected into dies and pressed but I don’t think it was used then .But the dies I think are steel also in that process. It makes sense it is a test piece to check mold it does have wear to it.Thanks charlie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army buckle die   Army buckle die  

Army buckle die   Army buckle die  

Army buckle die  

?

It is possible I guess, but it was my understanding that the blanks were fitted ( Brazed, soldered ) with the catch before the process in some circumstances and the box was formed after, JMO..G

Army buckle die  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "