Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake

Article about: Hi guys new to this forum but really enjoying all the cool pictures and advice, last year i purchased a box of mixed militaria from a car boot sale and found this German WW2 Belt inside. on

bigwiggy
    ?

Default GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake

Hi guys new to this forum but really enjoying all the cool pictures and advice, last year i purchased a box of mixed militaria from a car boot sale and found this German WW2 Belt inside. on looking at the rogues gallery and other guides i still dont know if this is genuine or real and to be honest dont know much about what the item is (other that it is a belt and buckle).

The belt is stamped NOWA 1936 Hamburg39, it also has the number 102 stamped on the edge of the leather, there is also a number scribed on the reverse of the buckle which states 3258 and on closer inspection and barely visible in the centre of the leather on the reverse is the number 3511, maybe these are id numbers of the soldier who owned it.

Any help in identifying what this belt is and wether it is real or not would be greatly appreciated, also any idea of value would be helpful as i am looking at offloading it if it is real as it is not my cup of tea, more into cap badges and medals.

my apoligies for the quality of some of the pictures as my camera is pants, will be buying a new one soon, so any questions give me a bell and i will try and upload some better pictures. thanks again and my appreciation for any help you can give - Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake   GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake  

GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake   GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake  

GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake   GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake  

Attached Images Attached Images GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake  GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake 

2. # ADS

Default Re: GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum, both the buckle and belt are original so that is good news, the on the belt the tongue has been resewn on or it could have been moved lower down to make the belt smaller, the 102 is the belt size and it is a pretty big one, with battle fatigue and rationed food these guys were not exactly fat. Have a look in this thread

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/germa...als-fakes.html and you will see a belt and its make up and different types.

The buckle itself is by a firm named Norddeutsches Nickel-und Silberwaren G.m.b.H., Hamburg,quite a hard maker to get hold of, if you look in the M4 makers thread there are a couple in there to look at. The numbers scratched into the inside of the buckle are probably part of the owners ID number. Nice set you have picked up

PS on some buckles by this maker the initials NOWA were stamped into the buckle metal under the roller bar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake   GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake  

GOTT MIT UNS Belt & Buckle - Real or Fake  
    Ben

bigwiggy
    ?

Thanx Ben, intresting point about it being resewn as you have hit the nail on the head as the belt is tiny, on initially looking at it i thought maybe it was made for a younger person as it is small. i really appreciate all the help and links you have added and will take a look at them now, thanx again Ben much appreciated mate.

You are welcome Paul
    Ben

MikeRogers44
    ?

Yes Sir, I was just researching a belt buckle I inherited from my Great Uncle it is exactly the same as the one you have minus the belt along with an Iron Cross Medal w/ Swords & another German Medal w/ red black white ribbon,helmet and grenade, eagle and swashtika, "winterschlache 1941/42 "on the back. And a Wehr-Fass in the pouch ( ID Book ). Our buckles match so I beleive they`re both original issue.. , Mike - Oregon City ,Oregon , Historic end of the Oregon Trail...

?

nice origional set , rgds Dave

momof3vets
    ?

to anybody that can answer this question. I have a Gott Mit Uns Belt and Buckle and would like to know how to tell if it is authentic. It is very light weigt and has the swastica (not sure of the spelling) on it; which I believe is a police buckle. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Could you show a pic please?

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by momof3vets View Post
    to anybody that can answer this question. I have a Gott Mit Uns Belt and Buckle and would like to know how to tell if it is authentic. It is very light weigt and has the swastica (not sure of the spelling) on it; which I believe is a police buckle. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    The only way to tell is to post some pics, welcome to the forum, you'll get what I believe are expert opinions here. John

Pictures would be needed to give you an opinion
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast