Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

heer belt and buckle

Article about: this will be my last post of one of my pieces today. its a heer belt and buckle that i got for 40 dollars. its actually kinda funny, i was walking down the block to a local militaria shop wh

Default heer belt and buckle

this will be my last post of one of my pieces today. its a heer belt and buckle that i got for 40 dollars. its actually kinda funny, i was walking down the block to a local militaria shop when a guy got out of his car and shoved it in my face saying "you must be the guy! buy this please! 60 dollars! no, 40! i need cash right now!". so i took it the guy even gave me his card, and it turns out that he is a local news anchorman. he told me that he has a lot of helmets too but i never called him, not sure why.

its unmarked but it seems good to me. let me know what you all think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture heer belt and buckle   heer belt and buckle  

heer belt and buckle   heer belt and buckle  

heer belt and buckle   heer belt and buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement heer belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: heer belt and buckle

nice original 4-tab buckle...belt looks nice too..

could you educate me a bit because i dont know a lot about belt buckles... is there any way to estimate the time of production?

i am not sure if you are wanting general info or just on the 4 tabs variation,,,but,if you are curious about the tabbed configuration,i believe they were made starting in 1938,but i dont have an ending date for this type so it may well have been continued to be produced right up til the end of the war..

?

I agree, the buckle looks ok and so the belt which anyway looks to me from what I see a political belt
    Regards

Matt

?

Indeed, if the color of the belt is brown, we have here most probably a political related belt. Two-piece Heer buckles are usually going with a black parade belt.

In relation to the time of production is to say: Every date between 1936 (introduction of the WH buckle) and 1945 is generally possible, but the material zinc gives the impression of a war time production.

Regards,
    Guido

I am with Guido, the buckle looks like Zinc and a late war production buckle
    Ben

Guido nailed it with the zinc construction: probably late war. These were used with "shiny" black belts that often had felt on the inside. These were not worn in combat - only for walking out and parade purposes....Can't go wrong for $40!
    NICE!
    Rob

thanks a lot for all of your help, you guys are very helpful : )

is there a really good website or book on belts and buckles?

Angolia and Evans have the two best books out there at the moment. Easily found on sites like Ebay. Good luck!
    Rob