Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

A Heer Infantry buckle w/belt marked JR 92, a unique combat history.

Article about: Matching belt and buckle. Aluminum buckle and belt hook marked RS&S (Richard Seiper & Söhne, Ludensheid) Belt marked 3./J.R.92 3./J.R.92 3rd Company, Staff I Battalion, 92rd Infantr

Default A Heer Infantry buckle w/belt marked JR 92, a unique combat history.

Matching belt and buckle.
    Aluminum buckle and belt hook marked RS&S (Richard Seiper & Söhne, Ludensheid)
    Belt marked 3./J.R.92

3./J.R.92 3rd Company, Staff I Battalion, 92rd Infantry Regiment

Infantry Regiment 92
    Infantry Regiment (mot.) 92
    Grenadier Regiment 92
    Grenadier Brigade (mot.) 92
    Panzer-Grenadier Brigade 92
    Panzer-Grenadier Brigade (mot.) 92

This is a very beat up belt and buckle but they appear to tell a story consistent with the history of the Infantry Regiment 92. A story of using your equipment to the maximum as it wears out and a soldier losing weight as supplies dwindle.

A window into the history of J.R. 92: Infantry Regiment 92, later Infantry Regiment 92 (motorized), Grenadier Regiment 92 and Panzer Grenadier Regiment 92.
    They fought with a very interesting variety of units:
    Infantry Regiment Großdeutschland
    Destroyed in January 1943 at Stalingrad and reconstituted southern France
    Sonderverband 287 (German-Arabic) Legion)
    The group Brandenberger
    3rd Hungarian Army
    Kampfgruppe der 37. SS-Kavallerie-Division.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Heer Infantry buckle w/belt marked JR 92, a unique combat history.
    P
    Many

More of it's history:

The Infanterie-Regiment 92 was founded on 6 October 1936.

At the beginning of the 2nd World War, the regiment was then transferred to the 2nd Infantry Division in the Polish campaign. Off On 13 October 1939, the regiment was attached to the 60th Infanterie-Division. On 28 October 1939, the regiment transferred the II Battalion to the Infantry Regiment Großdeutschland, it was replaced by levies from the entire regiment.

Created on 15 October 1942 by the renaming of Infantry Regiment 92 and subordinated to the 60th Infantry Division, the regiment was motorized and was destroyed in January 1943 at Stalingrad.

Grenadier-Regiment 92

It was newly created on 2 May 1943 as an army force from regimental staff, I. and II./Sonderverband 287 (German-Arabic). Legion). It was reinforced by a light battery and light engineer company raised in the war. 92. On 5 June, the unit was renamed Grenadier Brigade (motorized) 92.

From 5 June 1944 as an independent association it operated in the area of the Army Group F. In September and October 1944 the regiment joined the group Brandenberger where it was deployed in the Belgrade area and suffered heavy losses. In In November and December 1944, the remnants were transferred to the LVIII Army Corps under the 2nd Infantry Regiment, Panzer Army.
    In January 1945, the brigade was reorganized and increased and the Regiment changed to Panzer-Grenadier-Brigade 92.
    From March 1945, the staff and the staff company of the regiment were deployed individually. Most recently with Division 608 z.b.V. in Lusatia near Cottbus.
    Panzergrenadier-Brigade (mot) 92

The Panzergrenadier-Brigade (mot) 92 was formed on 11 January 1945 by reorganizing and increasing the number of troops and in October 1944, the Grenadier Brigade (motorized) 92 was formed near Belgrade.

The Brigade had been an independent army force since 5 June 1944. The Brigade was refreshed on 31 January 1945.

In February 1945, the brigade was an intervention reserve with the 2nd Infantry Division, Panzerarmee. Thereby took them to the defensive battle between Sava/Drava and area around Kaposvar, south of Lake Balaton. There were also parts of the Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 191. Parts of the brigade also take part in the attack operation "Spring Awakening". The mass of the brigade Army Group Intervention Reserve, at the disposal of Panzer Army 2. From 14 March 1945 followed the march to use the Brigade as a barrier unit of the 6th Army on the northeastern edge of the Lake Balaton. After the meeting around Veszprem, the immediate march followed to the 3rd Hungarian Army, which was located in the bridgehead southwest of Esztergom (Gran) Was. When the enemy succeeded in the area of the 1st Hussar Division, the brigade counterattacked and cleared it east of Kisber. Afterwards, the Brigade was used until 18 March 1945 for defense in the area west of Tatabanya above. Next, the brigade joined the 96th Infantry Division in a defensive battle with the 3rd Hungarian Army. This played in the room Tatabanya - Felsögalla - southwest Labatlan from 18 to 26 March 1945 Off. The defense of the bridgehead around Labatlan on the Danube took the Brigade then until the end of March. Then followed a retreat across the Danube, turning west onto the area north Komorn/Donau - Neuhäusl. Then The brigade participated in the movement of the 8th Army took part in the IV Panzer Corps. This led the brigade out of the area Neuhäusl via the area around Nitra (Nitra) to the Little Carpathians (Tatras) in the area northeast of Bratislava. From 4 April 1945, the Retreat from the northwestern part of the Tatras to the area around Marchegg am Breitensee. Then the brigade participated in the defense on the March and Pillichsdorf (Waldberg area northeast of Vienna). From 6 to 11 April 1945 it took at the rearguard battles in the association of the 96. Infanterie-Division, later with Kampfgruppe der 37. SS-Kavallerie-Division. With this, the brigade fought its way over the Area around Hornsberg, on 14 and 15 April 1945, in the area from Hollabrunn to on 5 May 1945. Here, on the instructions of the OKW and the Lord Mayor South, the Disbandment of the brigade.

?

Unit marked belt and buckle sets are great. I have a few myself. Early maker marked buckle catch. Yet the belt has been resized several times. That set has a lot of history, as you have documented well

?

I like finding unit marked items. A lot of my early Luftwaffe buckles have been unit marked but I haven’t come across many unit marked tabs on Heer buckles.

?

One of my early finds when collecting buckles. 1936 Kugel & Fink w/Unit Markings:

Heer Buckle - 1936 Kugel & Fink w/Unit Markings