Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich

Article about: I picked up a while back. It arrived on a later made belt with RBNr. It retains much of the painted finish but shows a fair amount of wear on the front. From the list of makers it is shown a

Default Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich

I picked up a while back. It arrived on a later made belt with RBNr. It retains much of the painted finish but shows a fair amount of wear on the front. From the list of makers it is shown as M4/42 Hermann Aurich, Dresden. Other examples I have saw during research are stating Hermann Aurich, Nuernberg. I am assuming the list in the sticky on this forum is correct but I am questioning since I saw three other examples listing Nuernberg. Could be they were copying bad information. I was also wondering if this should have had the leather tab? If it did I would assume lost to time or would it had to be cut off when applied to a late war belt. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann AurichHeer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann AurichHeer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann AurichHeer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich
    P
    Many

The buckle is H.A. Heinrich Arld and not an Aurich buckle. It would have have had original tab originally
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich   Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich  

Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich   Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich  

Ben

This is an Hermann Aurich buckle, maker mark is in the roundel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich   Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich  

Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich   Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich  

Ben

Thank you Ben. Very nice buckles you have there. Thank you for posting your examples.

Is Dresden or Nuernberg correct?

John

?

John - I believe the H. Arld (HA) would be Heinrich Arld, Nürnberg. One of the 1st Heer buckles I bought, I also thought I had and Aurich buckle but it was an Arld

Heer Buckle - HA 42

?

If the prong bar is painted it probably never had a tab.

Thanks Kirby, I think mine is just rusted or is that patina? Either way I do not like the stuff.
    John

?

Might of had a web tab. I believe Arold produced lots of tropical buckles.

?

Here is an Arld, Nürnberg buckle that certainly has some wartime wear as well. Kriegsmarine buckle.

Heer Painted Steel Buckle H.A. 41 Hermann Aurich  

Quote by weller View Post
    John - I believe the H. Arld (HA) would be Heinrich Arld, Nürnberg. One of the 1st Heer buckles I bought, I also thought I had and Aurich buckle but it was an Arld

Heer Buckle - HA 42
    Thank you Weller. Is this buckle then a Aurich or a Arld? I am not able to figure the difference between the HA and the HA.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast