Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RS&S Heer Buckle

Article about: Hi All, Here is my recent buckle purchase. Maker marked RS&S. The leather tab isn't in the best of shape but I can make out a 1935 stamp; not sure who the maker is. The buckle itself loo

?

Default RS&S Heer Buckle

Hi All,
    Here is my recent buckle purchase. Maker marked RS&S.

The leather tab isn't in the best of shape but I can make out a 1935 stamp; not sure who the maker is.

The buckle itself looks like it still has original dirt on the rear from when it was picked up off the ground. This was a vet bring back and was basically kept in storage for the past 60 years.

In any case, enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RS&S Heer Buckle   RS&S Heer Buckle  

RS&S Heer Buckle   RS&S Heer Buckle  

RS&S Heer Buckle   RS&S Heer Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RS&S Heer Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: RS&S Heer Buckle

Very worn, but a nice buckle

Regards,
    Finn

A genuine salty buckle

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

A true vet by the looks of it! Thanks for sharing! Looks good!

Rob

?

1935 as the date on a tab of the Wehrmacht Heer buckle is quite unusual, as they officially introduced this buckle at first in 1936! But nothing is impossible, so can you provide us perhaps with a clear photo of the date on your tab?

Regards,
    Guido

?

Quote by Guido View Post
    1935 as the date on a tab of the Wehrmacht Heer buckle is quite unusual, as they officially introduced this buckle at first in 1936! But nothing is impossible, so can you provide us perhaps with a clear photo of the date on your tab?
    The original photo was the best photo I was able to get with my camera. If you click on the photo and make it larger, you can see a faint outline of a 3 and a 5.

I printed a copy and traced over both numbers with a pencil to bring it out. Unfortunately I don't have a tracing board with a light (typically seen being used by tattoo artists) so the proportions may be off, but you get the general idea.

Do you have any articles on when the buckles were first produced? I tried looking it up online with no success. I'd of course be really pleased to know that this is a very early version of this style buckle!

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RS&S Heer Buckle   RS&S Heer Buckle  

Thanks for showing the buckle, is there another mark on the rear of the buckle towards the rear? Also if you lightly rub some talc powder into the makers mark on the leather it can highlight the maker mark on it, I have done this in the past with good results!
    Ben

?

Thanks for the tip, Ben! I'm at work right now and the buckle is at home. I'll look for the other mark you mentioned when I get home.

Just to be clear, the area in question would be on the reverse of the buckle under the clasp, correct (see below)?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RS&S Heer Buckle  

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    Thanks for the tip, Ben! I'm at work right now and the buckle is at home. I'll look for the other mark you mentioned when I get home.

Just to be clear, the area in question would be on the reverse of the buckle under the clasp, correct (see below)?
    That is correct, around the area of the prongs or under the prong bar, you are looking for a mark like this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RS&S Heer Buckle  
    Ben

?

Thanks, Ben!

I was looking through the information and examples on the sticky you have in this section. In reviewing the RS&S example you posted, and comparing it to my example, it's very easy to mistake the 6 for a 5. For me, I saw the flat top and instantly thought 1935, but it appears the 6 in 1936 has somewhat of a flat top as well.

In addition, it doesnt appear the circle of the 6 is complete towards the left, which gives the illusion of a 5. I assume this could be due to wear and or a weak imprint. Of course the condition of my example doesnt help matters at all!

In any case, I'll look for the early makers mark as you have suggested. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks!

P.S. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your photo. If this was a no-no, my appologies!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast