Kpemig.de - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Article about: Gents This thread is for posting any unit marked belts you have. Post what you have and we can compile a list of regimental marked belts.

TWS
    ?

And I'm sorry Ben. You're going to have to send me your IR 105 belt as I also have a Waffenrock to the same Kompanie.

Unit Marked Heer BeltsUnit Marked Heer Belts
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unit Marked Heer Belts
    P
    Many

?

I recently thought we should expand this thread to include Heer belts and buckles with unit markings. I'll add a few myself soon.

?

Here a couple of mine -

1. Noelle & Heuck 1939 tabbed buckle marked to the "8 Komp / Kavallerie Schutzen Regiment 8"

?

2. 1936 Dransfeld with unit marking to the "8 komp /Artillery Regiment 14"

Default Belt from Infantry (Grenadier) Regiment 2

Belt from Infantry (Grenadier) Regiment 2

Belt marked:

9/J.R.2
    II

Buckle marked:

P C Turck Wwe
    Ludenscheid

An interesting belt in that it is a WWI belt marked 1917 that was used by the 2nd (Prussian) Infantry Regiment formed from Reichswehr Rifle Regiment 2 formed in August 1921.
    After the expansion of the Reichswehr, the regiment was renamed Infanterie-Regiment Allenstein in 1934.
    At the unmasking of the units on 15 October 1935 the regiment was renamed Infanterie-Regiment 2 and now subordinate to the 11th Infantry Division.
    After the French campaign, on October 15, 1942 the regiment became Grenadier Regiment 2 and continued to be subordinate to the 11th Infantry Division.

September 1939 – East Prussia, Poland
    December 1939 – Lower Rhine
    March 1940 – Lower Rhine, Belgium
    May 1940 – Belgium, Somme, Loire
    June 1941 – East Prussia, Wolchow
    July 1941 – Wolchow, Ladoga
    August 1943 – Leningrad
    February 1944 – Pleskau
    March 1944 – Narva
    July 1944 – Narva, Pernau, Riga
    October 1944 – Courland

This was followed by a retreat to Courland, where the division, under Army Group Courland, took part in all Courland battles. At the end of the war about 2/3 of the division could be evacuated to Schleswig-Holstein, 1/3 went into Russian captivity.

An interesting note, the 11th Infantry Division, which was subordinate to Army Group Courtland, uses an elk head as its unit marking which is very similar to the Kurland cuff title which was instituted on 12 March 1945 in recognition of “those soldiers who had held out for so long against great odds in the Courland Pocket”.

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unit Marked Heer Belts   Unit Marked Heer Belts  

Unit Marked Heer Belts   Unit Marked Heer Belts  

Attached Images Attached Images Unit Marked Heer Belts  Unit Marked Heer Belts 

A Panzer Abwehr Abteilung belt linked to a Panzerzerstörerbataillon

Buckle tab marked:

G.H. OSANG
    DRESDEN

Belt marked:

3./Pz.Abw.11 I

L.-G.T. u S.O. (I have not been able to identify this marking)

Panzer Abwehr Abteilung 11
    Panzerjäger Abteilung 11
    Panzerzerstörer (tank destroyer) Battalion 477

11th Infantry Division

Panzer Abwehr Abteilung 11 (Anti-Tank Division) was established on 1 October 1934 and was renamed Panzerabwehr Abteilung 11 on 15 October 1935. It was an element of the 11th Infantry Division.

September 1939 – East Prussia, Poland
    December 1939 – Lower Rhine
    March 1940 – Lower Rhine, Belgium

On 1 April 1940 the Division was renamed Panzerjäger Abteilung 11.

May 1940 – Belgium, Somme, Loire
    June 1941 – East Prussia, Wolchow
    July 1941 – Wolchow, Ladoga
    August 1943 – Leningrad

8 September 1943 - Order for forming infantry-based tank hunter or tank destroyer battalions.

8 December 1943 - one company of the divisions Panzerjäger Battalion was detached to form the 477th Army Panzerzerstörer Battalion. (Heeresgruppen Nord)

February 1944 – Pleskau
    March 1944 – Narva
    July 1944 – Narva, Pernau, Riga
    October 1944 – Courland

This was followed by a retreat to Courland, where the division, under Army Group Courland, took part in all Courland battles. At the end of the war about 2/3 of the division could be evacuated to Schleswig-Holstein, 1/3 went into Russian captivity.

An interesting note, the 11th Infantry Division, which was subordinate to Army Group Courtland, uses an elk head as its unit marking which is very similar to the Kurland cuff title which was instituted on 12 March 1945 in recognition of “those soldiers who had held out for so long against great odds in the Courland Pocket”.

A Pz.Zerst.Btl. was to consist of a battalion staff and 3 companies.
    Pz. Zerst. Btl. 477 formation was completed with the following equipment:

30 'Ofenrohre' (R.Pz.B.54) available, unit also had Pak mot.Z. [7,62 cm Pak 36]
    In addition to the Pak mot.Z. the Pz.Zerst.Btl. 477 received 8 Pak 40/4 auf RSO sometime between 20.2. and 20.3.1944.

Their primary anti-tank weapon was the R.Pz.B.54 or Raketenpanzerbüchse 54 originally known as the “Ofenrohr” (Stove Pipe) and later as the “Panzerschreck” (lit. "tank fright", "tank's fright" or "tank's bane").

Original Oberkommando des Heeres documents attached.

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts
    At a parade in Deuthen in 1936. The Chief of the 2nd Company of the Panzerjäger
    Division 11 and the Speiß Oberfeldwebel Neitzke.

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Unit Marked Heer Belts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2