Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24

Article about: The market is what people are willing to pay for items they want, i have paid more money for certain items that i wanted, so sometimes price does'nt really matter, all depends on the buyer,

Question Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24

Hello, gentlemen. I saw this nickeled HJ buckle for sale recently and thought it was interesting. I hadn't seen this earlier type RZM KH (Koppelschloss Hersteller) maker marking before. Is RZM KH 24 the same maker as RZM M4/24? Is this a more scarce marking/buckle? It was going for $100 USD which seems on the higher side so I wasn't sure if it was a little harder to come by.

Anyways, I'd greatly value any info and opinions!
    Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24   Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  

Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24

Adam

A really super HJ.

In my opinion though, there are some very strong arguments both "for and against", paying a premium price on a buckle that has "markings".

I think that KH (yes - Koppelschloss Hersteller and which usually correlates with the M4 list [yours as Friedrich Linden, Lüdenscheid]) is not a rare mark for a HJ and the presence, really should not affect a regular or market price.

There are some great markings on some great early HJ's and which are rare, although and with all due respect, KH 24 is not in my opinion one of them.

Regards,

David

Still, a very nice buckle Adam Did you buy it?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice buckle!! A wee bit on the high side...but a worthy investment.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the replies and opinions, guys. Of course I agree, it's a very nice buckle...aesthetically I really like it. Not sure yet if I'll pick it up...maybe friday when I get paid if it's still available. It sounds like the price is equal to it's quality/worth.

Not sure if this should be a new thread or not, but on the subject of HJ buckles here are two other buckles that I saw which I hadn't seen before and seem out of the norm. They seem expensive but more unique. I haven't done any research on it yet, but my friend emailed me that the RZM M5/276 buckle is authentic. However, he didn't explain the M5 marking instead of the usual M4. The 2nd buckle seems to have a quite different eagle's head than I have usually seen. What do you guys think of these?

Thanks a lot for the help and opinions...much appreciated!

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24   Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  

Attached Images Attached Images Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24  Early Nickeled Hitler Jugend Buckle w/RZM Code KH 24 

Adam, just personal preference I would pay $100 for the KH buckle, but that is my opinion, I have paid much more for for tatty aluminium Heer buckles that you would not look twice at but with a makers mark that I have never seen or only once or twice it was worth it. Again all personal taste
    Ben

PS I think the other two buckles are nice but I will let David answer that one
    Ben

Default Two more HJ buckles

I must say Adam that I think that the last two HJ buckles that you have shown are great and both are and in my opinion, a slight cut above the norm.

The first one may be regarded as favourably odd and for two reasons. Firstly, this is a die stamped zink buckle and which I personally think are jolly hard to find. Secondly and as anticipated for the overwhelming majority of die stamped zinc HJ's, it is by Klein and Quenzer who idiosyncratically opted to use their RZM M5 code.

The second one is a kriegsmetall HJ by Assmann. Nothing too remarkable about that other than the obverse detail and colour is superb. This buckle is often encountered as showing wear to the eagle and displaying a dreadfully lifeless leaden grey colour.

In my opinion, a great brace of HJ.

Regards,

David

Yes, those last two hj's are nice for sure! You don't see too many HJ's with the M5 (uniform) markings. That last Assmann example is killer!
    Cheers!
    Rob

Thanks for the info and thoughts, guys! I have a hard decision as to which one I want to seal the deal on on friday. I am trying to limit myself to one at a time even though I really like and want all three! I think I'll probably go for the RZM M5 marked one first. If the other two are still available later, I'll probably pick them up.

Take good care,
    Adam

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast