Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

HJ buckle M4/93

Article about: Hi guys, I had the chance to put this HJ buckle to my collection today so I did. A nice Lenkwerk Brüder Schneider from Wien made buckle. Kind regards

?

Default HJ buckle M4/93

Hi guys, I had the chance to put this HJ buckle to my collection today so I did.

A nice Lenkwerk Brüder Schneider from Wien made buckle.

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ buckle M4/93   HJ buckle M4/93  

HJ buckle M4/93  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ buckle M4/93
    P
    Many

?

Nice aluminum HJ and addition to your collection.

As a minor and stupefyingly boring side note, Lenkwerk Brüder Schneider AG, Wien are an interesting company in relation to how they maker marked their Leichtmetall buckles.

I only know though their RZM M4/93 designation and their three leaf clover logo (which supports the letters BSW) and it is almost as though they die stamped their buckles and then post production, stamped their mark.

Their marks on occasions look remarkably like hand punching and I have seen different styles, different formed impressions, different positions and marks upside down.

See, I told you that it was boring.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Great buckle. Nice addition.

And thank you David for the ”boring” comment, that is what makes the collecting and studying interesting

?

Thank you David. The stamp on this buckle initially made me doubting the purchase.

For the ‘boring’ part, I completely agree with Wewelsburg. This kind of knowledge makes a hobby a passion and this forum a treasure.

Kind regards

?

Hello all, here a small addition about this buckle.

It felt a little ‘different’ than other buckles. It seemed bigger but wasn’t after measuring it. Only after comparing it directly to other (HJ) buckles I was able to see what it was.
    The shape is somewhat different as can be seen on both pictures. The right one is the divergent one, the left one is shaped as they commonly are. All sizes are exactly the same.

Is this slightly rounder shape common ?

Kind regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ buckle M4/93   HJ buckle M4/93  

?

Quote by Seafox View Post
    Hello all, here a small addition about this buckle.

It felt a little ‘different’ than other buckles. It seemed bigger but wasn’t after measuring it. Only after comparing it directly to other (HJ) buckles I was able to see what it was.
    The shape is somewhat different as can be seen on both pictures. The right one is the divergent one, the left one is shaped as they commonly are. All sizes are exactly the same.

Is this slightly rounder shape common ?

Kind regards
    I did a quick comparison of a few aluminum HJ buckles and the boxes are certainly not all the same and have subtle shape differences etc.

Quote by weller View Post
    "...and the boxes are certainly not all the same and have subtle shape differences etc...
    Indeed and all being resultant by the apparent variety of dies and tools employed at the factories and works. Some advanced collectors claim that they are capable of identifying a manufacturer simply by the side profile of a box buckle, although I am sceptical about this.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

An HJ grouping I did sometime back. Nickel, Steel and Aluminum examples. They are all a bit different and interesting as the makers had their own tools and patterns, as David mentions prior. HJ buckles are very fun to collect. No side shots here, only eagles and maker stamps.

HJ Buckles - Favorites

Cheers
    Jeff

?

Jeff, David, thank you both for sharing your thoughts. To me this kind of knowledge is priceless, it makes collecting more and more interesting.