Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M/119 HJ Leaders Buckle

Article about: Hi guys just doing a portcall to unload and see this available. After a search through forum which is working great by the way. I have read Davids comments and seen Kirby's post I think it l

?

Default M/119 HJ Leaders Buckle

Hi guys just doing a portcall to unload and see this available. After a search through forum which is working great by the way. I have read Davids comments and seen Kirby's post I think it looks good. Just would appreciate your thoughts. Not much may come of it if we head out of wifi range. Looking for a leaders buckle to add to my small but growing HJ theme.M/119 HJ Leaders BuckleM/119 HJ Leaders BuckleM/119 HJ Leaders Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M/119 HJ Leaders Buckle
    P
    Many

Dear Allan,

Kirby is your man in relation to dignifying HJ Leader buckles and I am sure that he will chip in here.

Leaders and/or Officers buckles are not my forte, however I know a little about the subject buckle.

I am sorry to say that I am a tad nervous about the buckle that you have shown. Usually the 116 is the villain, however it should not be forgotten that the 22 and the 119 are faked also.

If you look at the low quality photo merge of a 119 that Kirby has previously posted and yours, there can be seen a huge difference in the shape of the catch and the size of the RZM M4/119 stamped into the catch.

Hopefully other Forum members au fait with this particular buckle will comment, although in my opinion, the buckle shown is a fake.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

I am no expert on HJ leaders buckles but I went through about 20 years of Manion's Auction catalogs from the 80'and 90's. I found zero M4/119 HJ leaders buckles. In the late 90's lots of them started showings up at shows and dealer sites.

Quote by kirby View Post
    ....but I went through about 20 years of Manion's Auction catalogs from the 80'and 90's. I found zero M4/119 HJ leaders buckles...
    Dear Kirby,

Perhaps you are referring to the highly suspect M4/116 HJ leaders buckle?

An old thread:-

hj leaders buckle

My apologies in advance if I have misunderstood your response.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Hi David thanks very much for taking the time. On inspection of the 2 photos side by side(wish i could figure out how to do that) i definitely see what you are saying in regards to the catch. Shape and marking. I will pass not to worried. Thanks again

?

Hi David. You are correct. I just edited my post. It is the 116 that's bad. 119 are original. I reversed the number. Sorry about that. Kirby