Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles

Article about: Hello guys, I would like to start a thread here about a very rare type of HJ buckle.. one that was not supposed to exist. 2 piece HJ .. I need to clarify that what I am talking about does no

?

Hi Chad - good to see you posting recently. Yes, you commented on my original post that it was done during the "conversion period", would like to learn more about this period. Purchased buckle from an Austrian dealer.
    M1/40 C. Meinel & W. Scholer (Klingenthal)
    Cheers -
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles   Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles  

Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles   Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles  

Last edited by weller; 03-22-2020 at 01:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles
    P
    Many

Weller, thank you for posting this! I believe this buckle was a 2 piece DJ and was convetered during the conversion period into an HJ by possibly Assmann. There were 3 makers tasked with doing the conversions and there are 3 different eagle designs for the conversion rondel. The third is a not before known design ( yours is this 3rd type) the other 2 designs are known by design and attributed to the the other 2 makers. Assmann is the only conversion maker who doesn't have an attributable design so by default alone I believe this design is Assmann. I have a 2 piece DJ by the same maker as yours and I will post it shortly. I will ask Ben to move this side discussion we are having over to the new sticky for the conversions. Thank you for posting it , it is a fabulous buckle !

During this covid-19 lock down I have found more buckles which I purchased some time ago, forgot to put them into the collection and then forgot about them completely! It was like christmas when I just found this one in my box full of belts !! this is a duplicate of one I already posted but another example of a 2 piece non conversion HJ by Berg & Nolte

I will add my love.Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ bucklesTwo Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles

Gents, that 64 is a peach
    Ben

Zeppelin, I think that this RZM 64 was a HJ DJ conversion. The HJ rondel is the 3rd type (Assmann) and I believe I have this identical buckle as a DJ.

Maybe you're right, Chad, I think so, too.Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ bucklesTwo Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ bucklesAnd it's in the conversion box)))

Zeppelin, I believe the HJ you posted was DJ that was sent in during the 1937 conversion. They unsoldered the DJ rune andokldered on the Assmann HJ rondel. So this buckle should be posted in the conversion thread.

Hello Gents ,

here another Thiele Danzig from my collection :

Two Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ bucklesTwo Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ bucklesTwo Piece HJ buckles - non conversion DJ buckles
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Great buckle, Marcus !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast