Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unmarked Painted Steel HJ Buckle: Opinions on Origins & Maker

Article about: Guido, can you show the face of the two buckles you have posted please?

?

Not really. Just going from some construction details that point to Assmann (catch, claws) is too circumstantial for me. The fact remains that Assmann made late war HJ buckles (i. e. injection molded zinc alloy) with their well known particular design that is found on so many of their HJ, early or late. So why a new die for this one?

Kurt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Painted Steel HJ Buckle: Opinions on Origins & Maker
    P
    Many

Quote by Wewelsburg View Post
    So, should everyone be comfartable with the add of the buckle in the first post to this thread below?:
    HJ/DJ Assmann Variations
    I think more research is needed to be 100% sure. I think they did, the pictures tell you that but in time we will find out for sure
    Ben

I really like this thread, but do other buckle colleagues out there also have their opinions? I do not think everyone has seen this thread..

?

A great thread. Thanks for bring it up. I didn't know this one existed.

?

Agree a thread I've not seen. Thanks Kenny

This is an old thread, was great to re read it ! Its been a long time, I am still lurking around though

Hey guys,
    I think I got some good information about the HJ buckle of the topicstarter!

Last year I got the great opportunity to buy 4 HJ winterbluse and 4 HJ wintercaps.
    They were found together in 2020 and even the RZM tags have numbers close to each other.
    They were found in the former HJ recruitment center in Brugge, Belgium.

The guy who found them, still had to search the building and the seller promised that I had the first choice to buy if anything was yet to be found.

And there it was.. In 2021 the guy found 26!! HJ buckles at the same location. And one LW.
    I bought the nicest ones to complete my sets.

I'm petty sure this is great reference material, since the stuff was found together and was assumed to be left there since the war ended.

I convinced they have to be Belgium because of the found location and the other arguments the topicstarter allready wrote.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Painted Steel HJ Buckle: Opinions on Origins & Maker   Unmarked Painted Steel HJ Buckle: Opinions on Origins & Maker  

Unmarked Painted Steel HJ Buckle: Opinions on Origins & Maker   Unmarked Painted Steel HJ Buckle: Opinions on Origins & Maker  

Unmarked Painted Steel HJ Buckle: Opinions on Origins & Maker  
    Last edited by Wernerausbamberg; 05-22-2021 at 12:25 PM.

?

Quote by Wernerausbamberg View Post
    Hey guys,
    I think I got some good information about the HJ buckle of the topicstarter!

Last year I got the great opportunity to buy 4 HJ winterbluse and 4 HJ wintercaps.
    They were found together in 2020 and even the RZM tags have numbers close to each other.
    They were found in the former HJ recruitment center in Brugge, Belgium.

The guy who found them, still had to search the building and the seller promised that I had the first choice to buy if anything was yet to be found.

And there it was.. In 2021 the guy found 26!! HJ buckles at the same location. And one LW.
    I bought the nicest ones to complete my sets.

I'm petty sure this is great reference material, since the stuff was found together and was assumed to be left there since the war ended.

I convinced they have to be Belgium because of the found location and the other arguments the topicstarter allready wrote.
    Very interesting addition to this thread, and some very nice HJ items and buckles. Look forward to input and comments from others

?

I saw them appearing on the Dutch market some days ago Werner. Nice to see treasures like this still being found.

I hope other collectors have "solid proof" about those or similar buckles..
    At another forum, they are still "questionable"
    Not that my story is solid proof, but in combination with the finding of the uniforms and caps, I dare to believe it..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast