Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Camo LW Buckle

Article about: I like what I see. I have seen a few of these field painted buckles. (I have one in my collection) and have noticed that the paint is not always the exact same colour. Very close...but not a

Default Re: Camo LW Buckle

I like what I see. I have seen a few of these field painted buckles. (I have one in my collection) and have noticed that the paint is not always the exact same colour. Very close...but not always the same. The paint used was whatever was available to use - mostly on the vehicles they were using.

I really do like the look of this buckle. If I was the one considering the purchase...I would pull the trigger. Good luck!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo LW Buckle
    P
    Many

I can add a few pics of the two buckles I have that are tan in colour. The one with the tab is factory painted (front and back). The other example is a field applied paint. (sorry if the pics are dark in colour....)
    Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo LW Buckle   Camo LW Buckle  

Camo LW Buckle   Camo LW Buckle  

Camo LW Buckle  

Any thoughts on the tropical paint on this unmarked example, another "flea-market find" of a couple of years ago? It's only lightly worn, but unfortunately has also rusted in those high spots!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo LW Buckle   Camo LW Buckle  

James for me that looks like a factory painted buckle by B Haarmann, that is a nice buckle mate, you have shown us a couple of nice buckles I wonder what will come next lol
    Ben

Hello,

well nice cracking buckle .

Full agree with Ben ...........

Thats my only LW with web tab :

Camo LW BuckleCamo LW BuckleCamo LW BuckleCamo LW Buckle
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

?

Some nice buckle being shown. Here is a factory painted HA 42. I have never been a big fan of field painted buckles. I always wondered way is the back of the buckle painted? It seems they would just paint the front.

Kirby

that color was found on heer italian theatre buckles that i have seen

?

Hello Ben.. I hope all is well...I may have missed a post or two and I honestly tried to find an answer to a question...
    1) In coin collecting the #1 rule is not to clean items
    2) How to keep items from deteriorating.. ie; leather tabs, Stiffness,Curling
    3) Do you have any recommendations as to store or maintain the integrity of buckles ?
    Any tips or special practices one may want to adhere to.. Just wondering out loud.. Thanks again for all of your sound advice as well as others on the Forum...Cheers M

M quite an interesting question and really down to the individual. My first rule is I always try and buy the best I can, its nice to get cheap buckles but I would rather save my money and get a select buckle of my choice rather buy from the hip. In ref to leather tabs or belts I have always found saddle soap very good, with regular applications it feeds the leather and can make it soft again, some times the leather is too far gone to save. In regards to storage I keep my buckles in a wooden display case in a dry warm room. Other than that M nothing more really, I am sure others guys have their ways of doing things. Hope this helps

Ben
    Ben

?

Keeping your buckles nice has a lot to do with were you live. I live in a dry climate with little humidity so it is good for my collection. I am sure that sea air and lots of moisture can cause a lot of problems I don't have to deal with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2