Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe belt - genuine estate find - info required pls

Article about: A couple of years ago a bunch of folk here helped me with an inherited (not by me) Luftwaffe belt. I've just found myself in a similar position - different guy (his Dads bring-back) but Luft

Default Luftwaffe belt - genuine estate find - info required pls

A couple of years ago a bunch of folk here helped me with an inherited (not by me) Luftwaffe belt. I've just found myself in a similar position - different guy (his Dads bring-back) but Luft again. I've got 3 pics...not brilliant...and grilled him re stamps etc - he's confident there's only one stamp (see pic) and it's clearly seen some action..post war?. He THINKS his dad "started off in Nth Africa and then came up thru Italy. He wasn’t in combat being in the Royal Engineers and he said he was in charge of kitchens for part of the Italy Campaign". That and the pics are all I have.

I was a bit surprised at the buckle rust but I'm a helmet guy and know very little below the neck!

He's asked me if there's anything special about it and, of course, a value...the latter of which I can probably get from Dealer sites (and knock off two thirds! :-) )

Is there anything I can tell him to make me sound intelligent or is it simply an old war-time German Airforce belt in below average condition please.

Luftwaffe belt - genuine estate find - info required plsLuftwaffe belt - genuine estate find - info required plsLuftwaffe belt - genuine estate find - info required pls

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe belt - genuine estate find - info required pls
    P
    Many

?

IMO, the buckle and belt didn't start out together, the belt is a light duty use, the tab of the buckle indicates Hermann Aurich, I for one believe it's a genuine piece, a photo of the reverse of the buckle would be nice, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Buckle prob original but needs rear pic to clarify, belt is a political belt not a combat belt so prob a put together
    Ben

?

Don’t recall seeing a political style belt with adjustment holes stamped through the leather. That is usually a late war belt. Buckle looks original but very poor condition.

Gentlemen - thank you so much - the belt isn't mine but I will endeavour to get an image of the back of the buckle.