Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Veteran Obtained Steel Luftwaffe Buckle and Tab

Article about: Hello, Here is a veteran obtained steel Luftwaffe buckle with leather tab. It was captured in Italy along with a Luftwaffe boot knife and several pieces of insignia (breast eagle and cloth F

?

Thumbs up Veteran Obtained Steel Luftwaffe Buckle and Tab

Hello,
    Here is a veteran obtained steel Luftwaffe buckle with leather tab. It was captured in Italy along with a Luftwaffe boot knife and several pieces of insignia (breast eagle and cloth FJ badge). I have always wondered if the buckle belonged to the same man who had the FJ badge. Regardless, it’s still a nice buckle.

Regards,
    Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Veteran Obtained Steel Luftwaffe Buckle and Tab   Veteran Obtained Steel Luftwaffe Buckle and Tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Veteran Obtained Steel Luftwaffe Buckle and Tab
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Great condition for being a nice worn example. Lots of character

Looks like the date on the tab is cut off. Can you read it?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Nice buckle made by Assmann, hopefully it does belong to the same chap
    Ben

Nice one Jody,

Every collector has their own opinion as to what level of wear and patina is "just right" but for me I would say that this is just about perfect, "spot on"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Nice been there buckle. The only Luftwaffe buckle that you might be able to tie to FJ is the blue web tabbed buckle. I read somewhere that these were used in Creat and that was a airborne operation.