Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Caps UTV DDR

Article about: G'day All, Thought I'd show the two I have from two different manufacturers, 1856 VEB Perfekt "Erel" & 1802 VEB Burger, both '89

Default Caps UTV DDR

G'day All,

Thought I'd show the two I have from two different manufacturers,

1856 VEB Perfekt "Erel" & 1802 VEB Burger, both '89

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Caps UTV DDR
    P
    Many

?

They look nice Rene,
    I have not picked up one of those yet.
    I have this cap from the UTV period which I hope is not a "Miltec Special"
    The insignia is sewn a bit off centre and the cap has the wash instruction label I have only seen online on a single tanker helmet and in person on a pair of Strichtarn trousers I posted in the past.
    I hope you don't mind me adding this cap to your thread.
    Thanks for showing your UTV pieces and inspiring me to actually post an item myself!
    (The stamp is 1856 D but not too clear in the photo)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Caps UTV DDR   Caps UTV DDR  

Caps UTV DDR   Caps UTV DDR  

Caps UTV DDR   Caps UTV DDR  

not a cap I know about!!! it isn't a mil spec for sure! laundry tag is normal. Grommets match up as DDR Mate. Crap you know me? anyone can post up on my threads!

I have never seen something like this before but will investigate. The stitching on the insignia looks strange for NVA stitching, the grommets look legit though, agreed. D would be 1990, so it is possible.
    Thanks for sharing !!!

I've never seen so ... the fabric seems light, nylon?
    Perhaps this is part of the new uniform pieces that were to enter service in 1990? What intrigues me is the tropical type color

From what I know, the UTV 85-90 (uniform test series) did not include other patterns or colours other than the known 'rain drops' (Einstrich-Keinstrich) pattern. There were two kinds of hats considered, the known one in rain drop pattern and berets to go with dress uniforms in different colours, related to branches of the army (similar to the existing orange berets for paratroopers).
    The berets were never widely released though and I have personally never seen them ( but official pictures exist).

So now we have an interesting piece shown. Cheers Fellas great stuff.

off subject but as I have it out! funny but not funny!! Played with my PNW57 set (above) and tried to unscrew the wire set from the crew helmet! and broked it!! fricken forget kit is old!!!
    Alas... Wifey to the rescue After her hard efforts all is fixed Super Wifey!!!

Yeah, those old things can break easily, but well fixed !!!