Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

DDR-Deutsche Demokratische Republik/ East German awards and correct terminology.

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann also to Hagen for the photos. You're welcome Gunny! After decades of on and off collecting Third Reich I found DDR collecting to be very rewarding and a lot less stressful.

?

Hi,

I was in my local military surplus shop doing my usual shopping in the weekend.
    I was actually picking up a German Olive Green poncho for wet weather hunting.
    A great investment for any hunters out there, much better than the Black French one I have.
    Hopefully I get the terminology correct, but as I was paying I saw 2 East German medals. $5 each.

Medaille für treue Dienste in der Volkspolizie - 5 years service. Is that correct?

DDR, Medaille für ausgezeichnete Leistungen in den bewaffneten Organen des Ministeriums des Innern - Medal for excellence, ministry of the interior. Correct?

They seem to be in their original cases with the bar.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DDR-Deutsche Demokratische Republik/ East German awards and correct terminology.   DDR-Deutsche Demokratische Republik/ East German awards and correct terminology.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DDR-Deutsche Demokratische Republik/ East German awards and correct terminology.
    P
    Many

Yep, those are the standard plastic cases of the latter end of the DDR timeframe.

Just for info "Bewaffneten Organe" = literally means "armed organs" which can be interpreted as organisations etc in English. The ribbon bar or clasp is "Interimspange (plural is Interimspangen)" in German.
    I didn't set out to collect DDR medals but now I have a drawer full. They were available in limited numbers on fleamarkets in Berlin before the wall came down but they just didn't attract that much attention then. I wish now that I had been blessed with a little more foresight
    Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3