Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Early NVA bayonet

Article about: I received this recently.I'm posting the Ebay sellers photos. The bayonet is in wonderful condition. Can I please ask members for any comments. I am particularly interested to learn how long

?

Here is my example for the thread. Overall I agree it’s pretty insane all the variations out there. I picked up a yugo AKM bayonet at odyssey still filled with grease and cosmoline so I haven’t exactly needed to oil it yet!

Edit - noticed watchdog your buttons are a brass colour and mine are a silver/steel colour

Early NVA bayonet

Early NVA bayonet

Early NVA bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NVA bayonet
    P
    Many

Hi, mates, wanna show you two M1947 bayonets, used in Kampfgruppenzügen.
    Here´s the first one:
    Early NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonet

The 2nd one:
    Early NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonet

Early NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonet

[QUOTE=Reibert;2195161]Hi, mates, wanna show you two M1947 bayonets, used in Kampfgruppenzügen.

The first one looks as close to 100% mint as you are likely to find

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    noticed watchdog your buttons are a brass colour and mine are a silver/steel colour
    I think that is likely to be as simple as being batch related.

From my experience of stuff manufactured in the DDR (not just military kit) they had a tendency to use the stock available of any particulr item that was more of an ancilliary nature ie not things like the bayonet blade in this case which was totally item specific but things like screws, fasteners etc which tended to be very generic. I am sure you will notice that a lot of DDR military kit (moreso with Soviet kit) has very odd looking clips etc that were clearly not made for the military and can even cause the originality of the kit to be suspect to decadent western eyes more used to everything being purpose made for a particular item. In the GDR they didn't always have that luxury

It could of course be indicative of period but I don't think these bayonets were being produced for long enough to make that a real indicator.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-14-2021 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Ak47 bayonets

and be careful you don't get infected with another collecting bug

Yes, indeed !

But, (most) bayonets introduced in the NVA of the, former, GDR, aren´t that pricey and easy to get actually.
    Early NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonetEarly NVA bayonet

Quote by Reibert View Post
    Yes, indeed !

But, (most) bayonets introduced in the NVA of the, former, GDR, aren´t that pricey and easy to get actually.
    Now that is an example or the "infection" I was talking about

There is too much stuff and not enough time, even if you started in the cradle

That's why I will never be finished collecting. When one subject gets a little slow another speeds up

Regards

Mark

?

Default Thanks for all the interesting posts on this thread

Thought I should add my own photos of the bayonet I started the thread with,and my only other piece which I bought more recently.
    It has been great to read the posts and see the fine examples members have shared.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early NVA bayonet   Early NVA bayonet  

Early NVA bayonet  

?

Default There is infection & INFECTION!!!

Now that is an example or the "infection" I was talking about

There is too much stuff and not enough time, even if you started in the cradle

That's why I will never be finished collecting. When one subject gets a little slow another speeds up

Regards

Mark

Ran across this really bad case of "infection" while starting to inquire for a post 1956 German AK bayonet.

Early NVA bayonet

By the way this thread is great!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast