MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Early NVA tunic

Article about: I was going through my tunics the other day and decided to have a change on the mannequin. This tunic is an unissued 1966 dated example, and generally the condition is excellent... no holes

Default Early NVA tunic

I was going through my tunics the other day and decided to have a change on the mannequin. This tunic is an unissued 1966 dated example, and generally the condition is excellent... no holes to the cloth - although there are small patches where the nap has gone. The schiffchen is a 1965 dated example, and the stitching on the lederkoppel indicates that this is the first pattern. Click on images to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve

Early NVA tunicEarly NVA tunicEarly NVA tunicEarly NVA tunicEarly NVA tunicEarly NVA tunicEarly NVA tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early NVA tunic
    P
    Many

A nice setup! It's been great to see more East German gear on the forum as of late. A real breath of fresh air.

Regards, B.B.

?

That sure is a nice setup. A beautiful tunic
    Regards, Rik

Lovely Steve, wish I could add similar to my lot!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Lovely Steve, wish I could add similar to my lot!
    Hi Rene,
    This was my very first purchase of DDR gear back in 2016. I paid £59 for it, and last night I had a look on 'eBay de' to see if they were still being sold. There are still this pattern on there , but not one single example from 1966. They are virtually all 1970 or later, and you won't get one for £59 either!

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Hi Rene,
    This was my very first purchase of DDR gear back in 2016. I paid £59 for it, and last night I had a look on 'eBay de' to see if they were still being sold. There are still this pattern on there , but not one single example from 1966. They are virtually all 1970 or later, and you won't get one for £59 either!

Cheers,
    Steve
    I know and I missed out!

Lovely display indeed, wish it had cuff bars though. Glad to see that the markings are still relatively visible on your tunic, on most older 60's examples they have completely faded out!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I know and I missed out!
    Prices of the early gear is really shooting up as more and more collectors are latching on to it. My own thoughts are that the spiralling prices of TR gear is putting it out of the reach of many collectors now, and they are seeking alternatives. It has been said that the NVA was the last 'true' German army, and they kept many of the old traditions alive. TR gear holds little interest to me these day's, but I find the DDR militaria quite interesting.

Someone has said that the collectors who failed to jump on the TR collecting bandwagon back in the 1960's when it was relatively cheap, should make sure that they don't make the same mistake again with the DDR militaria... and how right they were.

Cheers,
    Steve

Very nice tunic Steve! Thanks for sharing it!