Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

East German Helmet M56, Visor and West German visor and cap.

Article about: Hi Guys, I just got a couple of new items today. The East German helmet is dated II/12/60. There was another one with the same date but it's liner was very dirty so I left it. I was hoping t

Nice one Crap about the frikken delay!! maybe you could find a string tie net? this one is the later one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement East German Helmet M56, Visor and West German visor and cap.
    P
    Many

?

Hi Rene,

String tie net it is then!! I will keep a eye out for one, actually I need 2.
    Are the hooks ok?

Yeah the delay was very painful, but I didn't give up and finally got a result.

Cheers,

Danger
    Last edited by Danger; 04-08-2020 at 06:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote by Danger View Post
    Hi Rene,

String tie net it is then!! I will keep a eye out for one, actually I need 2.
    Are the hooks ok?

Yeah the delay was very painful, but I didn't give up and finally got a result.

Cheers,

Danger
    Hooks are fine Mate here's mine for comparison.

Just looking through my DDR sellers and I'm not seeing the earlier type of net sorry!

?

Hi Rene,

Bugger!! Ha ha.
    I will add it to my wish list.
    Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Danger

Hi Rene,

Bugger!! Ha ha.
    I will add it to my wish list.
    Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Danger
    Yep they are obviously different and there is sufficient time between the two for the late pattern to look wrong on the early helmet. However, they do appear (usually in NOS condition) and tend to be pretty much the same price, for now anyway! I will keep my eyes open for you.

I have also encountered nets on some early M56, usually Ex VoPo, that look almost homemade. Mine came with a bunch of VoPo gear from a house clearance some of which was moth-eaten and all covered in decades of crud! It looks like it might be a re-purposed WWII allied net which in 1960 is not out of the question.
    The straps being "the wrong way round" on yours as you put it is not unusual as they are very easy to remove and is likely just a matter of preference of the wearer.

Here are a couple of pics to illustrate;

East German Helmet M56, Visor and West German visor and cap.East German Helmet M56, Visor and West German visor and cap.East German Helmet M56, Visor and West German visor and cap.

Regards

Mark
    PS For the benefit of anyone who doesn't realise it, the II in the stamp on your helmet is the Roman numeral for 2 ie the size and not the number 11 for November.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 04-11-2020 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Great photo of the string tied net from underneath.
    I've only found the hooked version to purchase.
    Thanks for posting.

Hi Guys,

I just got a couple of new items today.
    The East German helmet is dated II/12/60.
    There was another one with the same date but it's liner was very dirty so I left it.
    I was hoping to find an M56 with a 50's date, but I will keep looking.
    While I was at it I got another NVA visor - 1989.
    Now I have 2 of both for my sons. It's only fair.

A West German Visor and Cap came with the NVA Visor.
    Can someone please tell me about them?
    One is 1979 and the other 1963.

Cheers,

Danger
    The west German cap at the right is a police cap from the late 60ies where some one removed the chinstrap and changed the badge with DDR oak leaves and a third reich style cockade, you can bring back to the original configuration buying a police star with a Land emblem, grey buttons for chinstrap and green/gray chinstrap for under-officer as this one

East German Helmet M56, Visor and West German visor and cap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2