Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Fake DDR Visors

Article about: Fake DDR Admiral visor:

My early pattern (1962) Grenztruppen officers cap with Vulkanfiber peak and wire bullion wreath which I purchased a few weeks back, was actually cheaper than some later dated grenztruppen caps currently on offer on eBay de. Although prices are climbing, the bargains are still there for those prepared to spend the time looking. But as already said, with the climbing prices come the fakes!

Fake DDR VisorsFake DDR Visors

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake DDR Visors
    P
    Many

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Although prices are climbing, the bargains are still there for those prepared to spend the time looking. But as already said, with the climbing prices come the fakes!
    Absolutely correct Steve, there are bargains still around as long as one is able to spot them and as you say put the time in to look around. I spend time looking for stuff that is coming from house clearances. Bit of a vulture I suppose but that is the way to do it if you want to stop a dealer taking his cut!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

1977 "A" date:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake DDR Visors   Fake DDR Visors  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Ditto that! My thoughts exactly, the real deal is plentiful, and the prices aren't bad either. I have heard of Chinese made fake DDR officer's swords on the market. Trident Militaria sells authentic DDR and Eastern Black militaria.

Quote by stonemint View Post
    1977 "A" date:
    And they never even used that kind of wreath in these (Except in subdued hats, but those were of different shade)! Some of these fakers don't even try...

-Joel

Repro M-56 General (even the sweatdiamond stampings)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake DDR Visors   Fake DDR Visors  

Fake DDR Visors  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6