Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Grenztruppen uniform set up

Article about: Just recently I found myself really interested in East German collectibles, and I decided to buy some items for my collection while DDR stuff is still reasonably priced. To me the Berlin wal

looks nice, got a date on the shell?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 06-19-2019 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added pic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grenztruppen uniform set up
    P
    Many

?

Hi Rene,

I totally forgot about it.
    Here it is.

Cheers,

Danger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grenztruppen uniform set up  

This is the same uniform from my collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grenztruppen uniform set up  
    Last edited by Grenzflieger; 07-10-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: - my mistake

Stasi are going to get him! his button is undone!!

Wink

Yes I noticed that after I made the picture and I put the uniform back in its box. Big provocative mistake that should be punished severely...
    Last edited by Grenzflieger; 07-10-2019 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typo

I finally found a couple of pictures of my EM!! for a comparison

Default Grenztuppen Leutnant mid '80s

Here's a display I just set up this morning.

The uniform is one I obtained from a former Leutnant in Grenz Regiment 25 (I also have his fathers group, he was an Engineer Major in 4 Motorisiert Schutzen Division at Erfurt in the '50s - '60s which I will post later) who served '83 - '86.

The belt, shirt/tie and Ehrendolch I already had. I have set it up as parade dress but it really should, more commonly for marching troops, have Keilhose (jodpuhrs) but they will be added later.

I think the picture turned out well but the mannequin still looks like "Herr Otto Flick".

Regards

Mark

Grenztruppen uniform set up
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Very nice... and a damned sight better than the set-up I did. My wife said it looked like a transvestite!

Cheers,
    Steve

Awesome display! I bet it would scare the crap out of a burglar who wouldn't expect to see a German guard in uniform.

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Here's a display I just set up this morning.

The uniform is one I obtained from a former Leutnant in Grenz Regiment 25 (I also have his fathers group, he was an Engineer Major in 4 Motorisiert Schutzen Division at Erfurt in the '50s - '60s which I will post later) who served '83 - '86.

The belt, shirt/tie and Ehrendolch I already had. I have set it up as parade dress but it really should, more commonly for marching troops, have Keilhose (jodpuhrs) but they will be added later.

I think the picture turned out well but the mannequin still looks like "Herr Otto Flick".

Regards

Mark
    Excellent display Mark, love how the flag spices things up in the background. But remember to put the lowest cord of the aiguillette on the backside of the mannequin.

-Joel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast