Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infantry Officers Parade Uniform

Article about: Hi all, recently picked this up at an estate sale mostly to have something new to learn about. From what I can tell this appears to be a major's infantry officer parade uniform made in 1968

Default Infantry Officers Parade Uniform

Hi all, recently picked this up at an estate sale mostly to have something new to learn about. From what I can tell this appears to be a major's infantry officer parade uniform made in 1968 since it has the "k" date code. Can't seem to find anything on the badge pinned onto it. Originally I assumed it was a party badge, but that does not seem to be correct from other uniforms I've seen it on. Please let me know if my understanding is wrong or know what the badge represents, thank you for reading!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry Officers Parade Uniform   Infantry Officers Parade Uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry Officers Parade Uniform
    P
    Many

?

The badge is called the Absolventenabzeichen der NVA. It was a graduation badge worn above the right breast pocket for officers in the DDR who received a degree from the Military Medical Academy, Military History Institute of the DDR, Military Transport and Communications Department at Friedrich List University of Applied Sciences, or any civil universities/colleges.

Quote by Witt View Post
    The badge is called the Absolventenabzeichen der NVA. It was a graduation badge worn above the right breast pocket for officers in the DDR who received a degree from the Military Medical Academy, Military History Institute of the DDR, Military Transport and Communications Department at Friedrich List University of Applied Sciences, or any civil universities/colleges.
    That's interesting, thank you for the information! Couldn't find that thing anywhere.

if the uniform is indeed from 1968, I would challenge the graduation badge to be from that time as that badge was issued first in 1987.

Some more info can be found in this book> Frank Bartel DDR Spezialkatalog Band II Auszeichnungen der bewaffneten Organe

It's not a parade uniform, but a 'Gesellschaft' (society / social) uniform for officers. These would be worn at social type events such as receptions, award presentations, weddings, etc.

?

I can't help with the badge,
    But that is a Great looking uniform!

Semper Fi
    Phil

I just noticed that this jacket might not be from the 60s at all. The K in the K 52 on the photo you attached means Short in German, so size 52 short. Did you mean that with K ?

I will attach two pictures of one of my Gesellschaftsanzug uniforms, Hauptmann Panzertruppen, missing graduation badge though . You can find out the manufacturer and year of manufacture when you check inside the inner pocket on the left side ( left if you would wear it ), turn it inside out.
    Mine shows a 2 R so second quarter of 1976.

Very nice "Gesellschaftsanzug" Tunic of an Major NVA "Mot. Schuetzen".