Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Leistungs Urkunde - Performance Certificate from a NVA Technical School

Article about: I found this quite interesting. It is a certificate awarded to an Oberfeldwebel, presumably at the end of a training year (probably a 2 year diploma course?) for; Ausgezeichneten Leistung be

Default Leistungs Urkunde - Performance Certificate from a NVA Technical School

I found this quite interesting. It is a certificate awarded to an Oberfeldwebel, presumably at the end of a training year (probably a 2 year diploma course?) for;

Ausgezeichneten Leistung bei der Erfullung politischer und militarischer Aufgaben und vorbildliches Verhalten im Ausbildungsjahr

ie

"Excellent performance (or achievements) in the fulfillment of political and military objectives and exemplary behaviour during the training year"

I suppose in Western military parlance this equates to a "Best Student" award.

The establishment concerned was the Offiziershochschule of the Luftstreitkrafte / Luftverteidigung (Airforce / Air Defence Forces) of the NVA and held technical taining courses for all the branches of those arms.

It was located on the (former Luftwaffe) NVA airbase at Kamenz in the far South East of the DDR just North of Dresden.

I would love to learn more about what is the story behind this document but I suppose I will have to use my imagination!

Regards

Mark
    Leistungs Urkunde - Performance Certificate from a NVA Technical School
    Last edited by Watchdog; 11-10-2020 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Leistungs Urkunde - Performance Certificate from a NVA Technical School
    P
    Many