Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NVA 25 year service award.

Article about: Just arrived from Germany... I had been after one for a while - although the prices being asked put me off. But I came across this one comparatively cheap compared to some that are on offer.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Another 'ehren dolch' currently on sale on eBay Germany. This one is being advertised as a General's 25 year service award. Asking price is over £400. Although in my view it is not much use with a missing 'Urkunde' containing the recipients details.

Cheers,
    Steve

Attachment 1192033
    Further to my reply re the red coloured version. I have trawled through my scribbled notes and book-marks and I think the red version is Ministerium fuer Staatsicherheit (MfS or Stasi but for all ranks reaching 25yrs not just Generals) and the Mappe for the Urkunde would be red rather than grey with the Stasi sword and shield (Schwert und Schild) emblem on the inside of the Urkunde. I don't know quite how rare a Stasi item would be which might account for the presumed high value but if that is all there is of it (no perspex cover, Urkunde or cassette) then I would not pay anything like £400

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 03-21-2020 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA 25 year service award.
    P
    Many

I'm reasonably sure that my example is for presentation to a civilian working for the military. Note the difference of the inside page of the urkunde of your example and mine, also the colour of the blade.
    Cheers,
    Steve

Hi Steve. I think the colour difference is down to monitor rendition.
    Genosse means "colleague" or such so yes a civilian.

Regards
    Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2