Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

NVA Officers dagger

Article about: Hi, mates, I´m not really collectin´ NVA Officers daggers, but, I like them, so ... Wanna show you this Offiziersdolch der NVA der, (ehemaligen), DDR, (Land- u., Lufteinheiten),worn by a L

?

nice & different.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA Officers dagger
    P
    Many

I think you have done very well there

This is not Motor Schutzen but Pionere, note the black Waffenfarben and the Klassifizierungsabzeichen fuer Pionerwesen und Chemische Dienste.

I can't make out the medal above the Klassabz but it looks like something FDJ related so it doesn't belong there.

On the left breast the 5 year (Bronze) Medaille fuer treue Dienste in der NVA is correct but the small revervist lapel pin is for wear on civilian clothes and the Ehrenmedaille zum 40. Jahrestag der GDR I believe is not for wear on military uniform (not 100% certain there).

The Militaersportabzeichen der NVA on the right breast pocket is correct of course.

It is naturally quite simple to just remove the extra badges and the uniform will be perfectly correct.

It is also great that the two daggers have different coloured grips as well. I think there is probably a difference in production period with the yellow being earlier but it doesn't signify anything otherwise. Personally I prefer the yellow to the white.

If anything a Pionere uniform is a bit more interesting then Mot.Shutz as it is slightly less common. As I say, you have an absolute bargain here. Congratulations

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Very nice set Reibert! It may indeed have been worn, but most of this stuff is unused surplus put together, so you'll never know really.

-Joel
    Hi, Joel, in this, particular, case I believe the seller.
    IMO he didn´t want to make a lot of money and, it was a fair deal, so ...

It was indeed a very good deal! Well done!

Steve

"LAST-DITCH" NVA OFFICERS DAGGER

Hi, mates,
    purchased this, particular, NVA officers dagger in a German Militaria Forum.

As far as I learned, one of the last "legit" GDR era NVA officers daggers, (not any of so many "parts daggers", put together after the collapse of the GDR from leftover, genuine, dagger parts), actually.

Geräte Nr. dagger: 85533
    Geräte Nr. box: 085554

NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

Another One, I received days ago, (manufactured / issued, in the second quarter of the year 1974):
    NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

I do like these NVA daggers really ! ...
    NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

That's a very nice collection of daggers you have there, and thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

An update after housekeeping :
    NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger

Quote by Reibert View Post
    An update after housekeeping :
    NVA Officers daggerNVA Officers daggerNVA Officers dagger
    and you said in post#1 "I´m not really collectin´ NVA Officers daggers"

Well, I don't really collect NVA officers daggers and I only have six of them

That's a very nice "non-collection"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast