Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NVA uniform

Article about: I've recently decided to start collecting NVA related material, and one of my first purchases has been a uniform named to 'Oberfeldwebel W Meyer'. The cap, tunic, and boots all carry his nam

My happy hunting ground is eBay de.... loads of bargains to be had on there if you are prepared to spend the time sifting through. The earlier uniforms and associated equipment are definitely going up in price, and fakes are starting to appear as well. I have only been collecting this stuff for 30 months, and I find it quite addictive.

Cheers,
    Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NVA uniform
    P
    Many

Default NVA felt winter boots

I suppose that given the title of this thread it would be a good idea to start to add all general uniform items together if you as the OP don't mind Steve?

Anyway I think Santa must be a NVA vet and he seems to have left his boots behind this morning

These are in virtually mint condition and are destined to complete my early NVA Blumentarn set-up.

They are marked with the inventory number; 57 2 271/2 14 6057 and the maker mark;

VEB Schuf.Dohna (Schufabrik Dohna ie Shoe Factory Dohna)
    Heidenau/Sa
    ST 400 57

VEB = Volkseigener Betrieb that is "Publicly Owned Enterprise"

Dohna = Municipality in Sachsen (Saxony). Possibly now spelled Dohma?

Heidenau = The actual town which is between Dresden and the Czech border.

Not sure about the ST 400 57 but I think this may be the style/pattern and the year.

The similarity to the WWII pattern is striking. This pair have been worn but likely only once judging by the wear to the soles.

The last two pictures show my sympathetic treatment which has not harmed the appearance of age but has returned these to the "in use" appearance that I prefer for uniform displays.

Any thoughts or opinions most welcome.

Regards

Mark

NVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniformNVA uniform
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

A nice pair of boots Mark... Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood would just love them! LoL. By all means add to the thread... I don't own it, I only started it!

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2