Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)

Article about: Hi, mates, yesterday I received this NVA M1974 bayonet in very bad condition. Anyway, it´s not really that easy to get such pattern bayonet, showin´ the "brown" hilt, so ... The

Default raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)

Hi, mates,

yesterday I received this NVA M1974 bayonet in very bad condition.
    Anyway, it´s not really that easy to get such pattern bayonet, showin´ the "brown" hilt, so ...

The bayonet shows matching numbers.

BTW., NVA bayonets were used again in the Bundeswehr.
    raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Certainly used but doesn't look that bad to me. I like it! Congrats.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

NVA bayonets with "brown" handles are getting more and more expensive...
    Yesterday one was auctioned in Germany for EUR 91,-- plus shipping, admittedly in very good condition !

By the way, possible manufacturers of the bayonet M1974 of the NVA of the, former, GDR:
    VEB Fahrzeug und Jagdwaffenwerk "Ernst Thälmann", Suhl
    (VEB vehicle and hunting weapons factory 'Ernst Thälmann', Suhl)
    VEB Jagd- und Schneidwaren "Thomas Münzer", Mühlhausen
    (VEB hunting and cutlery 'Thomas Münzer', Mühlhausen)

VEB stands for "Volkseigener Betrieb" ("Nationally Owned Enterprise")

Further information:

ETW (VEB Ernst-Thälmann-Werk, Suhl), later became the
    VEB Fahrzeug- und Jagdwaffenwerk "Ernst Thälmann"
    (VEB vehicle and hunting weapons factory "Ernst Thälmann")

Looks very nice, thanks for sharing.

Did the older AK47 bajonetts also have these matching numbers ? Mine does not, just a printed number on the rubber so wondering if this is normal?

Could you post a picture of the locking mechanism at the end of the hilt, please ?

Quote by baerchen View Post
    Did the older AK47 bajonetts also have these matching numbers ? Mine does not, just a printed number on the rubber so wondering if this is normal?
    Do You mean the NVA M1959 bayonet ?

Only the M1959 bayonet is equipped with a rubber insulator, (rubber sleeve)
    And, yes, even the M1959 shows a serial number.
    raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)

Here, for comparison, the M1974 and an M1959
    This M1959 also has matching numbers.

raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)

Received a few bayonets today, including a really badly used M1974 with a brown handle.
    This copy doesn't show matching numbers.
    It is very likely that bayonet and scabbards were mistakenly exchanged among soldiers on the barracks while cleaning weapons.
    The long belt loop is almost typical for the M1974 with a brown handle.

The condition of this bayonet clearly shows that it "did service" in what was probably a very "active" unit.
    The signs of use are also exorbitant here.

Bayonets of the NVA M1959, M1959/2, and M1974 with a black handle are usually found in almost unused or almost new condition, especially since the M1974 with the "reddish-brown" handle is usually found in a relatively heavily used condition.

raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)

raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)raddled M1974 bayonet ("brown" hilt)