Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Show your East German collection

Article about: Hello, I started this thread just so I show my East German collection, and see everyone else's. 1 of the photos shows all of my East German stuff on a shelf, and 2 other photos show a Volksp

Lightbulb Show your East German collection

Hello, I started this thread just so I can show my East German collection, and see everyone else's.
    1 of the photos shows all of my East German stuff on a shelf, and 2 other photos show a Volkspolizei cap that I have no room for on the shelf. (The other cap in the shelf photo is an NVA cap)
    (Also don't mind the puppet on the right, just something made in my family I decided to put there)
    Enjoy

Show your East German collectionShow your East German collectionShow your East German collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your East German collection
    P
    Many

Hi Terry,

I saw this when you posted it and I did wonder whether you would get any replies. Sadly it seems I am the first.

This is not because members are unfriendly or unwilling to help which couldn't be further from the truth. Most members love to help and are keen to include all levels of experience in collecting.

The problem here is that you have not actually asked a question nor have you provided anything on which useful comment could be made. Forgive the comparison but this thread has the look of a Facebook or Instagram thread.

First of all you need to decide whether you want to invite comment on something you are showing for the good and benefit of the community such as something others might not have seen or something for comparison by example or to ask a question about something you yourself want to learn about.

In the pictures you posted members will struggle to identify what most of the items actually are let alone comment on authenticity etc.

If you want to go down the "show your collection" route take a look at the various threads along those lines and you will get the idea.

If you want to ask about or discuss particular items you should post them individually with clear images of all the relevant features.

To put this in context I collect a very wide range of militaria covering headdress, badges/insignia, edged weapons (only a few of those), medals and awards plus general equipment and uniforms. I have a collection of DDR items that covers all these groups but it would be nigh on impossible and certainly a great deal of effort to photograph it all together. If you intend to raise a collection of just DDR items and display it all together then that will be something on which you could invite comment in general but it does need to be presented in a way that members can in fact see what they are looking at rather than just how many items it comprises.

It is also a big help to tells something of your interests, collecting experience etc to give some steer as to how to respond.

I hope this helps and gives you some ideas.

Regards

Mark
    PS I note a couple of members have "liked" your post which tends to prove what I said about members not ignoring your thread!

I look forward to reading your future posts.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Welcome to the Forum Terry. Some good advice there from Mark. Do use the Forum's Search feature, you will find many threads on DDR militaria, which I'm sure you'll find helpful.

Yea after a while I noticed this, thank you for letting me know