Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

VOPO M56 helmet.

Article about: by gaz232sqn Hi ian. Thanks mate,again good info sharing, the trouble is I have nothing to compare it too, but as already mentioned,this lid,is a very similiar colour to Austrian M48, grey m

Default Re: VOPO M56 helmet.

Quote by gaz232sqn View Post
    Hi ian.

Thanks mate,again good info sharing, the trouble is I have nothing to compare it too, but as already mentioned,this lid,is a very similiar colour to Austrian M48, grey matt.

I wish I had an earlier and late version,to compare colour contrast.

I think I will very,very carefully, investigate the date stamp, in more detail,this afternoon, and hopefully this will narrow,this mystery down a bit more.

Thanks again Ian, great input
    here is a early 3 rivet M56 Stahlhelm dated 1959 with original finish on the left and a M56 later model dated 1971 with original finish for color comparison.

the early finish looks more of a dark field grey? and the later finish looks more greenish?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VOPO M56 helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VOPO M56 helmet.
    P
    Many

Hi Nuno.

That's a nice looking lid,I like them,when they have rust and are a bit battered. It shows they've been there and been used,I could have purchased a pristine , unused lid,but it would not have had that ,salty look to it
    Hi mate, thanks. Myne is the earlier version but has no date stamp . Take a look at this website, it seems there are 3 types of this helmet, and the best way to spot them are to look for the existence of 3, 6 or no rivets on the shell. yours doesnt have any, so its the latest one.

ENTRADA WEB

Quote by battle gear View Post
    here is a early 3 rivet M56 Stahlhelm dated 1959 with original finish on the left and a M56 later model dated 1971 with original finish for color comparison.

the early finish looks more of a dark field grey? and the later finish looks more greenish?
    Hi Mate.

Many thanks, for taking the effort to do this, mine does look like the later version on the right, I believe mine may well be '68 dated, at one point I thought it might be '88. But I'm 99% sure it's '68.

Thank's again battlegear, as ever ,your info is spot on

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi mate, thanks. Myne is the earlier version but has no date stamp . Take a look at this website, it seems there are 3 types of this helmet, and the best way to spot them are to look for the existence of 3, 6 or no rivets on the shell. yours doesnt have any, so its the latest one.

ENTRADA WEB
    Hi Nuno.

Thanks for this link, good info, I hope I can help you out soon,with one of your lid questions,to return the favour

Hi Nuno.

Thanks for this link, good info, I hope I can help you out soon,with one of your lid questions,to return the favour
    Hi mate, iv spent the afternoon investigating some of my helmets and upon some rust removing i found this, a white stripe followed by 7-59, if thats what i think it is, then mine is from 1959
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VOPO M56 helmet.   VOPO M56 helmet.  

VOPO M56 helmet.  

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi mate, iv spent the afternoon investigating some of my helmets and upon some rust removing i found this, a white stripe followed by 7-59, if thats what i think it is, then myne is from 1959
    Best regards
    Nuno
    Hi Nuno.

Wow, I think your right , 59 , looks like the year of manafacture to me , good bit of investigation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2