Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Can't figure this one out...East German Air Force???

Article about: My son has had this hat in his collection for many, many years and recently we went about trying to catalog the collection. When we got to this hat it is baffling to us. The hat has the East

Default Can't figure this one out...East German Air Force???

My son has had this hat in his collection for many, many years and recently we went about trying to catalog the collection. When we got to this hat it is baffling to us. The hat has the East German Air Force badge, but doesn't have the round badge or right colored piping. We examine the hat extensively and it has no indications that the round badge was ever on the hat. We looked at the Air Force badge and do not see any place or marks where it was put on or taken off. There are NO markings for a different hat badge underneath. Did the East German's use this style of hat as an Air Force hat at any time? Can't  figure this one out...East German Air Force???Can't  figure this one out...East German Air Force???Can't  figure this one out...East German Air Force???Can't  figure this one out...East German Air Force???

?

I’m gonna guess mismatched visor

Here is an image of a Pilot's Uniform I have had for many years.

The pictures are not the best as they were taken on an older camera again many years ago..

The Air Force piping is blue.

So I agree that it may be mismatched to this visor..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can't  figure this one out...East German Air Force???  
    Attached Images Attached Images Can't  figure this one out...East German Air Force??? 

It's a Landstreitkrafte (LASK) Visor, with an Luftwaffe Wing attached.